F1 Debacle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
In a show of definance all but six cars pulled into the pit during the 1st lap of the American Grad Prix. Michellin and Bridgestone makes all the tires for F1, problem is the Mich tires were declared unsafe to run at Indy early today. F1 refused to allow a Schkain (sp?) to be put in turn 13 (which was where the concern came from). So six Bridgestone wrapped cars are all that populate round 9 of the constructor's championship... and fans are throwing shit on the track :(

If I were a F1 driver I would have done the same thing; life is too precious and its senseless to wrecklessly put your life on the line in an attempt to appease your sponsor.

Mich can go f*ck itself ten ways from Tuesday. I despise them and their product.

werd. michelin tires fucking blow.

the only reason they are still in business is because a lot of car companies use them as OE's.

their pilot sports are ok... but they are like 200 bucks a tire. fuck that. you can get a better tire for 1/3 the price from every other brand.

but in F1, they are alot better then the brigestones simply because everyone except ferrari uses them, so all the other teams R&D can help to develope a better tire.

this is such shit, i came home tonight to watch it( i taped it) Michelin = teh suck.... and the FIA also eats it for not letting them run the other tires michelin sent over.

If i drove all the way out there, and paid good money to see that. I would be livid

that is all

Mich IMO makes some kick ass bike tires.

I used bridgestones on my B6 and saw about 3000 miles on the rear tire.
I run pilot sports on my CBR and have seen 6000 miles out of my rear tire as with 8000+ out of my front tire.

IMO they stick better and last 2-3times as long!

as far as cars go I've never run any of michelin products but when it comes to bikes I rate them A+++

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Jun 19 2005, 06:10 PM
this is such shit, i came home tonight to watch it( i taped it) Michelin = teh suck.... and the FIA also eats it for not letting them run the other tires michelin sent over.

If i drove all the way out there, and paid good money to see that. I would be livid

that is all
[post=514114]Quoted post[/post]​

I side with brigestone on this one. They did there homework and brought the right tire. The other teams could have ran the race but just finished behind because there tires couldnt hang. Thats like showing up woth the wrong springs and asking them to change the track so you can be competitive.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 19 2005, 01:31 PM
werd. michelin tires fucking blow.

the only reason they are still in business is because a lot of car companies use them as OE's.

their pilot sports are ok... but they are like 200 bucks a tire. fuck that. you can get a better tire for 1/3 the price from every other brand.
[post=513973]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Back