F20A4 hybrid with H23 parts!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RL90BB3

Hello.
I have BB3 Honda Prelude with F20A4 motor, so I looking my motor tunning, and I found intresants facts about the H23 head and F20A4 head consistent!
At first, it seemed unrealistic, but it is possible, and proof of one Lithuanian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RZc7bsBdmY) , who built such a hybrid, but he is stingy and does not help me with information!

I heard that H23A3 head fit F20A4 block!

And please someone can please explain what are the differences H23A H23A2 H23A3 head!

My plan is...Get H23A(2;3) head, and Mainflud intake un putt on my F20A4 block, all this start ECU from H23 motor!
The result would be over 150 hp

Hello.
I have BB3 Honda Prelude with F20A4 motor, so I looking my motor tunning, and I found intresants facts about the H23 head and F20A4 head consistent!
At first, it seemed unrealistic, but it is possible, and proof of one Lithuanian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RZc7bsBdmY) , who built such a hybrid, but he is stingy and does not help me with information!

I heard that H23A3 head fit F20A4 block!

And please someone can please explain what are the differences H23A H23A2 H23A3 head!

My plan is...Get H23A(2;3) head, and Mainflud intake un putt on my F20A4 block, all this start ECU from H23 motor!
The result would be over 150 hp
hi
we in germany like to do more simple swarp on our bb9 and bb3 preludes
( F20a4 2.0L sohc non vtec 133hp at 5200)
we use the h23 intake mainfold and the exhaust mainfold and keep the fuelrail and injektors also the fuel presure regulator from the f20a4.
h22a oem intake helps also .
you will hit the rev limiter at about 227kmh

hi mates

I'm from Portugal, own a 4th gen with a f20a4 engine.
I'm thinking in put a h23 head, h23 intake manifold and a h23 ecu.
Can you give me any tips? has anyone made this already, i would like to know if that's a straight swap..:confused:

would appreciate any help

hi mates

I'm from Portugal, own a 4th gen with a f20a4 engine.
I'm thinking in put a h23 head, h23 intake manifold and a h23 ecu.
Can you give me any tips? has anyone made this already, i would like to know if that's a straight swap..:confused:

would appreciate any help

I have already p14 ECU(from H23 engine), with stock F20A4 engine, ecu get the power more on high RPM! ^_^

And YES, H23 head fit on F20 block, with small corrections! :fireman2:

Soon, I build Hybrid, then I make photo DIY for you all folks! :happydance:

that would be cool.. what changes are you going to make?
send some pics of the car:D

What do you mean, what changes? Engine changes will by H23A2 hybrid build with my F20A4 block... It's mean SOHC to DOHC with P14 ECU, or Chipped ECU, with chipped ECU will be more powerful!
This hybrid is cheaper than H22A swap!

Some guys in Latvia will build H22A hybrid wiyh F20 block, and run on p13 ECU, I guess power will be awsome! :))

This is my Prelude with F20A4, but hybrid will be later!

What do you mean, what changes? Engine changes will by H23A2 hybrid build with my F20A4 block... It's mean SOHC to DOHC with P14 ECU, or Chipped ECU, with chipped ECU will be more powerful!
This hybrid is cheaper than H22A swap!

Some guys in Latvia will build H22A hybrid wiyh F20 block, and run on p13 ECU, I guess power will be awsome! :))

This is my Prelude with F20A4, but hybrid will be later!

Where do you get the H23 head from? I need to buy one for me. does it has to be h23a2??:confused:

Where do you get the H23 head from? I need to buy one for me. does it has to be h23a2??:confused:

I get head from H23A2 motor and intake and exhoust maniflod also from H23A3...
in principle, all H23 heads are the same ... as no need to worry about A1 A2 A3.

I get head from H23A2 motor and intake and exhoust maniflod also from H23A3...
in principle, all H23 heads are the same ... as no need to worry about A1 A2 A3.

here in Portugal is very difficult to get prelude parts.. do you know where can I get a h23 head?

here in Portugal is very difficult to get prelude parts.. do you know where can I get a h23 head?

I can't recommended anything, because I live in Latvian, and there Prelude details can get from the crashed car yard!

Well, I would recommend you search yard in your city or country and find in eBay.co.uk or eBay.com, and if you understand German eBay.de, but there's a pretty expensive!

You are not honda clubs in Portugal?
I got the parts from his Honda Club members!

Just install an h22 and be done............imo

H22 swap is much expensive than this hybrid build!
Example ... my country H22A swap paid ~1000$ ( I mean...buy engine with gearbox, ecu, H22 axle, and job to swaped in! and more and more things will needed)
BUT...this hybrid build paid me about ~230$ (all head, with intake and exhaust manifold, and p14 ecu, new head gasket, new timing belt, that all i needed) all the work himself...and result is will be awesome! :D

are you going to use any special head gasket?

Hi everyone,

This prelude, with swaped h23 head in first post, is mine :)

The swap is pretty much straight forward, no machine modifications required. There is one oil passage on the head which must be sealed, if you have h23 head side by side with f20 headgasket you will see it very easily. Also you need h23 crankshaft gear (it has less toooth then f20) and h23 timing belt.

Here are some links, wich was main information source for my swap:
YES! the H23 head does fit on the F22ax block.. - CB7Tuner Forums
DIY request on H23 head swap - CB7Tuner Forums
F22b2 block+H22a1 head, F22 VTEC, F22B/VTEC - Honda-Tech

F22 and F20 blocks are the same ;)

Hi everyone,

This prelude, with swaped h23 head in first post, is mine :)

The swap is pretty much straight forward, no machine modifications required. There is one oil passage on the head which must be sealed, if you have h23 head side by side with f20 headgasket you will see it very easily. Also you need h23 crankshaft gear (it has less toooth then f20) and h23 timing belt.

Here are some links, wich was main information source for my swap:
YES! the H23 head does fit on the F22ax block.. - CB7Tuner Forums
DIY request on H23 head swap - CB7Tuner Forums
F22b2 block+H22a1 head, F22 VTEC, F22B/VTEC - Honda-Tech

F22 and F20 blocks are the same ;)

did you dinorun you Lude? what's the power gain? is it much faster than stock F20A4? I'm having same engine and thinking 'bout doing something to this vegetable. DOHC head is a good option as it's not hard to find H23 head cheap

is the project moving or what?!!!!!
where's the ECU located?:huh:

My project moving! At now i have buy H23 full head, crankshaft, timing belt, and F20A4 headgasket! BUT, now i rebuild H23 head and intake manifold, because before engine was oil blowing in coolant system, and intake manifuld is full with oil!

Now my motor project is stopped, because i have littel accident and i crashed my Prelude! :( not so bad...but i need all my project money invest to my car front body!

Back