F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93AccordEX

ok i have a H22 from a 89 prelude sitting in my garage

i also have a 1993 accord with a stock f22 in it with a 5-speed trans

i was told that i could drop the H22 right in and use my accord tranny and engine mounts
and just have to to a bit of wiring?

im now driving a 90 civic 5-speed hatch 100% stock for a gas saver since cash flow is slow at the
moment so im looking for a good project for my CB7 (aKa my bitch) for a weekend highway runner
then ill probably start work on the hatch

Last edited:
ok i have a H22 from a 89 prelude sitting in my garage

i also have a 1993 accord with a stock f22 in it with a 5-speed trans

i was told that i could drop the H22 right in and use my accord tranny and engine mounts
and just have to to a bit of wiring?

im now driving a 90 civic 5-speed hatch 100% stock for a gas saver since cash flow is slow at the
moment so im looking for a good project for my CB7 (aKa my bitch) for a weekend highway runner
then ill probably start work on the hatch
the 89 prelude came with a b20. not a h22a

that sucks a guy ripped it out at the shop i work at and i took it since they didint want it i thought they where
packing a h22 didnt even bother to look so thats a punch in my face for being lazy:doh:

the guy next door has a h22 he was gunna swap into his 95 accord but never got the time he said i could get
it for like $150 for the trans and motor

guess its time to make some money... :)

Last edited:
same price? ill be getting the h22 for 150 bucks. if i can boost for 150 bucks or even 300 believe me id rather do that! :D

Oh, well in that case, then yeah, H22 swap FTW!

i guess i could be the only one that thinks this.... but H22 swap that lude again and rock the shit out of that...... its a common swap for the 3rd gen ludes and its uncommon in the honda world to even own a prelude.... these kids these days are all stuck on the damn EG/EK phase:huh:

sorry to but in, but personal question:
what is the best engine to have in a 92 honda accord...?

im lookin online and most of the H22's are priced around 2G's...
bet the K20a triples that easy right??

yea you will have around 8 grand in a k swap.

Best engine in there is the stock one. Cheap to boost and make a lot of power AND torque, H22 wont have that :)

If you boost the F I have a manifold, turbo and EWG for that motor. I will make you a deal if you buy all of it!!

aight. h22 is not v-tech right?

Best engine in there is the stock one. Cheap to boost and make a lot of power AND torque, H22 wont have that :)

If you boost the F I have a manifold, turbo and EWG for that motor. I will make you a deal if you buy all of it!!
you need to search,,,and the h22a has the most torque

He's talking about a H22 swap, Im saying boost the F series. Its cheaper and nets better results.

Back