F22B1 head swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knowledge

I am asking this for a friend of mine. What heads are swappable on this F22B1? Any DOHC's? Thanks!

H22, H23 are both DOHC heads that can be swapped. The H22 for n/a, the H23 for turbo. The rare F20B from the Accord SiR can also be swapped, but it's pretty much the same as the H22 head.

Thanks bro! I guess I have to get my hands dirty now and swap his head out! What do you think we are gonna need besides the head to swap this head with an H22? This way If he gets the H23 head I can just forget about the VTEC parts! Thanks again!

Well, he's already VTEC, so you won't have to worry about much. You'll need an ECU, cuz you don't want VTEC kicking at 2800 rpm. You'll have to do some rewiring for the ECU. You'll need a new head gasket for sure, as well as a timing belt. As for other parts....since you've got the head off, you have the option of installing new bottom end parts. How many miles are on the stock engine? You probably should at least get him new rings, if nothing else.

We are already planning on rebuilding the bottom end cause it has 116,000 miles on it and plus I thing the crank walked over on him towards the flywheel! The crank pulley wont go completely on! I really think it walked on him! What ecu's would work?

Do you already have the H22 head? Or are you going to have to purchase it? Unless you have a killer deal on just a head, get the whole motor and swap it. You get stronger internals with the H22 than the F22.

Word. The motor swap shouldn't be much more difficult than the head swap. Been there, done that.

The Prelude head onto an Accord block is only really worth it with the F23 engines to get the extra displacement.

Like lsvtec said, unless you have a hookup for just an H22 head, do the full swap. Fewer headaches in the long run.

Ive got the hook up on the JDM H22 complete swap for $1500. Only 30,000 km on the motor. Its just a matter of how much dough my boy has to spend. We shall see what he wants to do.

Originally posted by knowledge@Oct 16 2002, 07:40 AM
Ive got the hook up on the JDM H22 complete swap for $1500. Only 30,000 km on the motor. Its just a matter of how much dough my boy has to spend. We shall see what he wants to do.

WHAT???!!!! :blink: The whole complete swap with just $1500???!!!

Hey, bro, do you happen to have this kinda deal again????!!!!

Complete swap = JDM H22A with axles, tranny, ecu, and uncut wire harness.

I will get it right away... man... please let me know if there is still available.

KEN

OMG, I want that deal. I have the F22B2 and was at least looking with a head swap with the B1, but if I could get a whole H22 engine swap for $1500, I'm there.

I'm just trying to get rid of the thing. It's got 122k miles on it, and it's been babied its whole life. I'd even give ya the DC header and MSD wires to go with it. How does $350 plus shipping sound?

Including wiring and etc? This would be completely new to me since I don't have a clue how to do a head swap. Is it just the new cam, gears, and vtec wiring? I think I would definately need instructions on this. Hold that deal, though. Where are you at?

Back