f22b2 obd1 swap with f22b1 obd2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjunkie89

Ok so I'm new to this I have a 1995 honda accord ex 5spd it originally had the f22b1 in it but the person who had it before me put an f22b2 in it and didn't swap the ecu and idk if it caused my water pump or anything like that to work properly. I blew a head gasket and just want to replace the motor. I picked up a f22b1 obd2 out of a 1996 ex a/t will this plug and play with my f22b1 obd1 5spd if bot what do I n3ed to do?

Lol ecu has nothing to do with the water pump... water pump is 60k maintainence , also 95 is obd1 and 96 is obd2 , you can do the swap but you have to reuse your intake and distributor and the car wont know the difference

So that's the only difference? some one said about the crank or something too, but if that's it that would be awsome

So I swapped everything off my obd1 f22b2 on to my obd2 f22b1 but do I need to hook up my knock sensor?

So i looked at my old f22b2 obd1 motor and it don't have a knock sensor but the f22b1 obd2 motor I'm putting in has it. I am wondering if i could just not plug it in and if i would still run good since it don't have a plug in my harness or what should i do? I'm not 100% sure if its called a knock sensor but that's what my buddy said it was. It's located at the bottom of the motor, behind my timing belt then the plug runs up the back of my timing belt cover. Would you happen to know any easy way to line up the clutch with out an alignment tool I found them on EBAY but don't feel like waiting for it to come in the mail, any help would be greatly appreciated man I've been learning a lot so far. I wanna get back in school and finish my tests for OSHA and inspection license I would love making a living outta this kind of work.

Back