Fair "honda market" value?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skillz2k5

I was wondering what some of you guys would think was a fair price for a 96 civic ex coupe with the following mods.

B16A SiR II
OBD I Conversion
Phearable.net chipped ecu (For those who dont know... p28 with chipped Crome Pro and data port)
USDM EG seats
Skunk 2 pro series full coilovers
Skunk 2 upper control arms
2 1/2" custom exhaust (straight pipe) with Tanabe tuner madallion muffler
Enkie RS7 17x7's (Anthracite with machined lip) wrapped in Yokohama Prada Spec 2's with 90% tred left (includes brand new spare tire)
99-00 Civic tail lights
Pioneer DEH-960 head unit
Planet Audio VTX52C Components in the front
Planet Audio VTX6903 6x9's in rear
Planet Audio M2 Series dual voice coil 15 (x2)
Planet Audio ZR200.4 4 channel amp
Planet Audio BB1250.1 mono block

Currently there are aftermarket side skirts installed but will be removed and replaced with 99si color matched side skirts. The front and rear bumper along with both front fenders have been replaced and were painted professionally at a local body shop. Also the vehicle has no a/c or power steering installed but I would be willing to reinstall the power steering pump. The car is "frost white" with oem paint on body, no rust what so ever. 144k on chasis and around 50k on motor/trans. All origional glass except windshield. Also includes spare 17" konig absolute rim with brand new falken ziex tire already mounted on it.

6,000-6,500 if you put the ac and ps back on it. people get ex's because of those options. but coupes aren't that popular anymore for some reason.

lol I know... I was actually hoping to get rid of it in the near future to pick up a lexus is300. I wanted to get around 7k for it, it seems steep but all the parts I listed are almost brand new... hell the swap only has 6 months on it. However I realize that you will NEVER get back what you have put into a vehicle unless it is uber rare. Think I could squeeze another 500-1000 out of her with a Bride or Recaro in the drivers side and a front and rear lip?

Think I could squeeze another 500-1000 out of her with a Bride or Recaro in the drivers side and a front and rear lip?

one racing seats in cars urks the shit out of me. don't (not you, people in general) be a cheap ass. get two or none. i would just price it high and be patient if you really want $7k out of it. pay the $45 to put it in autotrader. you will get the best results that way.

Except that you can get a nice clean 99-2000 Si (B16 included) for $7000 or less if you shop around..

EG seats are ugly and uncomfortable.. No idea why you did that.. The Coil overs have a pretty bad rep, and the 15" earth shakers won't be a good selling point to those who actually have $7000 to spend on a car.. With the current setup, I'd expecte 876798647986 teenagers with no $$$ to come look at the car... But no serious buyers.

If I were you, I'd remove the 15s, raise the car to a reasonable height, if you have the factory rims, reinstall those. clean it up as close to stock as possible, and sell all the aftermarket stuff separately on ebay. Sell it for not more or less than high book value.

I will agree that I do have ALOT of broke ass mofo's askin me how much I want but I usually just tell them 15k so they'll leave me alone. The 15's can be very easily removed.. they aren't in a crazy fiberglass enclosure or anything. The whole racing seat thing came about because I did have two shitty DAD racing seats (they came with the car) and at the time I opted for eg seats since I couldnt find any local's with 99si's and didnt have the money for bride or recaro. Infact the car came with ALOT of shitty stuff (cool to me at the time) i.e. body kit, racing seats, dare I say it... neons. I was young and stupid and should've picked up a 99si to begin with but as for selling it at high book, no way. Someone could pickup a 99si but why do it when 1) mine's faster 2) just as clean as any 99si (except the shape of the headlights... bothers me for some reason) 3) could be had for alot less than an si. Not saying I dont respect your opinion or appriciate the input but I think 5k is a little too cheap for what the buyer would be getting. Not trying to rip anyone off or trying to get what I have put into it by any means but I dont want to lose my ass totally either. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone that wants to rice it out :D ... as long as it's no one near where I live lol.

No one wants to spen over 5k on most cars lol new used people just keep it around that for a car. Don't know why but o well. I myself stick to the beat up crx's and toss money in them to beat out these new cars lol and for alot less money. Really quick though is this smog legal as I wouldn't mind having more of a daily driver. My crx is not much of a driver as the clutch is well a bit stiff for it, more of my weekend speeding ticket maker

I dont live in a state with emissions (or at least smog stations) but as far as I know it's very illegal. It was obd2a and converted to obd1 and the motor is older than the year of the car. Not to mention it has NO cat. This isn't your "ideal" daily driver due to a/c or p/s. Pretty good on gas though and plenty of fun to drive. It ran a 15.9 with a 3.899 reaction time and no burnout due to bad cv's so with a good driver and the new axels I'm guessing it'd run 15.5 or better. Also I forgot to mention it has brand new axels as of a week ago :D

Back