Fastbrakes.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

Are they any good? Never heard of them, but i looked at their site and it looks pretty good, OEM style rotors and the whole rear drum to disc conversion.

I was thinking about getting some,but got a good deal on some an OEM conversion.

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Mar 4 2003, 05:33 AM
so are they any good?

I'll say they have been recommended by a few people to me,like I said I am going to go OEM,I got a VTi conversion,so I didn't get them so I can't say first hand.But they do seem confident and like I said they have been recommended to me as good.

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 4 2003, 06:14 AM
why would you use their kit when you can get oem upgrades for around $250-$300

True,but you would be getting all new parts (OEM can't do that for $250-$300),plus from what I've heard they are made really well and stop on a dime wwith change left over.

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 3 2003, 10:14 PM
why would you use their kit when you can get oem upgrades for around $250-$300

Because you can't get 4 pot Wilwood calipers from the factory. :) You can't get a factory Honda brake upgrade to stop like this kit does.
I am running the fastbrakes.com 4pot 11" front kit. If you drive a 92+ Civic/Del Sol or a 94+ Integra this kit roxors. If (like me) you drive a Gen 2 Integra or a pre 92 Civic/CRX his new mounting hardware will not work for you. His old kit fits with some modification. The calipers are great, and you can't beat what you get for the price if you drive a Gen 3 Integra or 92+ Civic. Also try http://www.haprecyc.com/products/wilwood.html they're brake kits are rumored to fit many more vehicles than the fastbrakes.com kit.

I was speaking more along the lines of rear disc conversion, they charge like $600 for the kit

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 4 2003, 01:30 AM
I was speaking more along the lines of rear disc conversion, they charge like $600 for the kit

Yea but if you upgrade the back to 11", it would be better to upgrade the front too, for brake balance, and might as well get slotted and cross drilled for performance

get slotted and cross drilled for performance

has anyone ever seen slotted or drilled rotors on an IRL/F1/NASCAR race car? I'm beginning to think that these are more about looks (and they do look nice) than about performance. I mean, the F1 guys are like gods when it comes to performance and they don't run these.

Everything I read when I wanted them (drilled and slotted) said not to use them on the track. Why would I want to spend more money for a disc that can't handle the strip as well as the street?

Originally posted by ahedau@Mar 4 2003, 07:45 PM
get slotted and cross drilled for performance

has anyone ever seen slotted or drilled rotors on an IRL/F1/NASCAR race car?

Those arent exactly street cars. Look at all the drift machines from Japan, cross drilled and slotted. Where did you hear that they cant be used on the track? I have never heard that, did you hear it from a site or what?

Look cross drilled and slotted to me. Aparently they didn't help his braking at Suzuka, but, there you go.
s3e655eeb463f3.jpg

And there's one too!
s3e656050611ab.jpg

Slotted rotors are meant for one thing, quicker cooling, the faster they cool, the less they warp, the more precise braking you get.

Thanks for the pic!

Where did you hear that they cant be used on the track?

Here..Brembo Cross drilled

For those that don't want to follow the link

Notes: Not recommended for track use. Do not use with race compound brake pads. Drilled rotors are not warranted against warping or cracking.

This is says about $160 high performance rotors

I read it a couple of other places too but that's the one I can find right off.

My reaserch says that if you want performacmce rotors, go with slotted.

Personally, I've decided on EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and "green stuff" pads but this ain't about me, is it? ;)

Eric- interesting info... Brian's working on a 4 piston kit with 11.75 inch rotors that will fit under 15 inch wheels. He should have it out next week. I spent a little over half an hour talking to him on the phone this afternoon, and he seems to be a pretty cool guy. A year or so ago when I was conversing with him via email, everything was good too.

s3e39db5bcc924.jpg

i have heard of drilled rotors cracking, next set of rotors i get will be solid. mine aren't too bad, the holes are well spaced. people at the track use cheap ass pep boys rotors that are basically disposable, they use them for the length of the pads. i am very happy with my wilwood setup though, especially since i swtiched to hawk hp+, can't wait to try the hawk blacks on the track.

Back