few questions about B series valve cover venting with AN fittings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kelsodeez

so my questions are:
1) is the stock baffle in the valve cover removed? or is just the shell of the valve cover drilled?
2) ive seen setups with two bungs welded in the front. two in the front and one in the back and one in the front and one in the back. what is the purpose of the extra vent and how is it beneficial in relation to location of the bung?
3) what is the best size for this? -8.-10 or -12?

are you having venting problems with a lot of blowby? if not, I wouldnt spend the money, time and space.

your engine runs better when your under vacuum, rings seal better.

I assume you mean this?

15329_366787989132_664484132_3397588_5763891_n.jpg

^yes exactly that except i am going to be using AN weld in male bungs instead of that transparent high heat nylon tubing. im not having any problems with blowby because, well, i havent started the engine yet, but this engine will be under a constant heavy load on the track. also, having ITB's and possibly getting cams for the engine. i know most guys use this on high HP turbo B series, but i am just taking the extra precautions to make my engine run to the best of its ability and ive been looking for info on this setup and i have found nothing.

yo'ur elooking at an all motor high HP b-series with ITb's :)

i'm not sure where they route to. I know he had the endyn catch can.
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components

haha i realized that it had ITB's after i posted ^_^
i figured the catch would have to be vented. probably just going to make my own catch.

The baffle does come out I do know that much.

do you know if you have to replace it with anything?

yo'ur elooking at an all motor high HP b-series with ITb's :)

i'm not sure where they route to. I know he had the endyn catch can.
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components

This is the setup I run and it works great; I highly recommend it. The kit connects to the back of the block on all 1994 and up b series. There are two threaded plugs in the back of the block that accept a 14mm allen wrench. Those plugs get replaced with a fitting to run hose to the catch can. The factory black box is eliminated with fittings that come in the kit as well.

this is my setup on my ek it works car makes 704hp at 24psi with a 67mm turbo data logs show crank case pressure at 1-3psi which is really good for a high boost motor.
2010-02-10160917.jpg

2010-02-10160944.jpg

so is welding the bungs on the back of the VC more ideal than the front? i was going to do the front because i dont want any hoses in the way of my throttle cables.

so i guess i am going to eliminate the stock evap system, freeze plug the big hole on the back of the block and put two AN fittings from the front of my valve cover that lead to a vented catch can. anyone got a problem with that? haha i think i was over complicating the whole situation.

i think that sounds pretty good. i think some people also vent from the back of the block, because it helps get crank case gases out quicker? i dunno. i still have a lot of reading to do on this subject.

i just know that i wont be running a drain-back system because the shit that gets trapped in those catch cans is straight up nasty.

Back