fiberglass inteirior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

i want to fiberglass the inside of my car but i need 2 know what i need 2 do it?like what kind of fiberglass material and where can i buy it? thanks for help

What exactly do you want to fiberglass?? and why? Is your interior messed up or something? Man alot can go wrong when doing this and you might regret it, but then again I've never done it.

well the first is a good clean working area
the secons is a full resperator with organic vap cartages

the buy mat glass and resin and have fun

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 26 2005, 02:17 AM
well the first is a good clean working area
the secons is a full resperator with organic vap cartages

the buy mat glass and resin and have fun
[post=545520]Quoted post[/post]​

where do i buy the fiberglass AND what type???

Actually, it takes ALOT of skill and know how. And I have never seen fiberglass mat used to fiberglass a dash. There are trade secrets there..

This IS NOT a do it yourself project.

well I have never seen a small shop use a chop gun they use matting. And go to Alpine.com and look at three project cars 100% fiberglass matting.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 26 2005, 09:04 PM
well I have never seen a small shop use a chop gun they use matting. And go to Alpine.com and look at three project cars 100% fiberglass matting.
[post=545842]Quoted post[/post]​

there are plenty of ways to fiberglass a dash and you don't need to use matting to do it. when i do dashboards for my customers i don't use matt or a chop gun. i am not sayin that fiberglassin is easy but with enough practice you could do it very nicely if you take your time. and also so long as you don't mix the resin to run too HOT you will be fine.

Back