Finding Engine And Tranny Tags

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sharkz

Beeing new to this field,I would like to know exactly where the engine and tranny identification tag or stamp is (not the serial number) and also if there is a tag or stamp for the year of the engine or tranny?

hope this helps you out..lol. i had a little extra time..

s3e23533e611a3.jpg

I used a h22 as an example.. the engine code can be found there on any series motor d,b,h,etc.

The tranny code however is not always in the same place. this is just where its at for h22s.

And to my knowledge these tags will not tell you year. It just tells you what type of motor and what type of tranny (regular, lsd, etc)

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 13 2003, 07:09 PM
hope this helps you out..lol. i had a little extra time..

s3e23533e611a3.jpg

I used a h22 as an example.. the engine code can be found there on any series motor d,b,h,etc.

The tranny code however is not always in the same place. this is just where its at for h22s.

And to my knowledge these tags will not tell you year. It just tells you what type of motor and what type of tranny (regular, lsd, etc)

I don't think I could get a better answer!
Thank you very much but what if I have the unfortunate problem that by some odd reason there is nothing in this spot (engine stamp). Gathering from the picture the numbers beneath the D are the serial # I supose? If so is there another way I could find out if it's a B, D or an H engine? See I was told that the engine was an 99'SIR V-Tec (I'm in Canada if this could be any help) and that when he ran it out of his 93 civic he would smoke other SIR's. For a fact I saw it perform (not while beeing in the car) and it looked pretty powerful. He also told me the V-Tec would kick in at around 4500 rpm. By the way I want to fit this in my project car which is a 91 civic DX. Any other help (from any)body would be very much apreciated. :( :worthy:

If the motor is from Canadian siR vtec I am pretty sure it is the B16A2 and it is stamped in that same spot.It may be corroded over though.

Just clean it off with some spray degreaser and a soft wire brush. If the engine code doesn't show through with a serial, you may have a hot block, and I wouldn't buy it.

well it does get dirty down there alot and you'll have to rub shit away, , but if you can feel any grooves then somebody dremmel'ed the S/I's stolen shit, punch the seller in the face

Back