First day of work went pretty well.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
Finally I landed a steady, legit job, while it may not be the best it is something. Im doing landscaping with a friend of mine, he owns his own business and needed a good second hand for lawn care in the summer and plowing in the winter. Im just glad I finally have some sort of cash flow to pay off some debts and start buying shit for my toys/new ones.:D

no ones gonna bet on how long he keeps this job?
wtf?
lol

if you lived in california, youd say fuck that shit..
mowing lawns all day in the california summer < being poor

Congratulations. I like mowing yards. It really has never bothered me. I think summers in Kansas can be just as bad with all the humidity we have and usually when you work for a company like that you get to ride on some legit mowers so it is a lot better than a push mower.

Congratulations. I like mowing yards. It really has never bothered me. I think summers in Kansas can be just as bad with all the humidity we have and usually when you work for a company like that you get to ride on some legit mowers so it is a lot better than a push mower.

ive never seen a landscaping business around here using a riding lawnmower.

maybe ride-ons are illegal in cali
lol

around here the self propelled with a 2 wheeled cart to carry the operator is also popular

walk behinds just take too long
you need a good 48" mower to make short work of a lawn, and then you're off to the next one
thats not the kind of mower you push

^ He has one of those mowers, a 52 inch cut zero-turn, doesnt even have a push mower.

a 3 man crew comes to my job
1 mower
1 weed wacker
1 blower
they're here for MAYBE 10-15 minutes

at least you usually don't start too early doing residential
work on a golf course
sun rise every day
gotta get it done before the first tee-off
and there's always some crazy fuck out there at 6am trying to wack you with golf balls

Right on, I landscaped for about a year and it was kind of fun. Gets old after a while but what doesn't?

my best friend started this way, got in with a good company doing lawns, moved to tree work, then got a side businesss, now he is a foreman with the town fo west hartford, does side business and makes 100K + a year, who needs a college degree

Congrats on the job and cash flow. I hate the days that you wake up feeling like you're still 16 and think "Seriously, fuck this. This fucking sucks, I'm always going to sleep too late and getting up early only to go do some shit I don't give a fuck about while getting bitched at by people I'm not allowed to hit." But you still drag your ass in and realize it's just life. You'll forget all about that feeling every time you get your paycheck.

Right on. I know a lot of landscapers. Most have made it big if they're smart.

An example of one I know. Guy is 40 years old. He owns 5 homes, all over 500k outright. He drives an M5, owns a huge truck, has every toy imaginable and is 100% liquid. He started his company about 10 years ago and does patios, rockwork, and mows a shit ton of lawns for 20 bucks a pop. When it snows here, he puts his shit on craigslist and works 20 hour days until the snow is gone netting 1k a day typically with the same tractors that make him rich in the summer months.

At that, its all about how much initiative you have and how much you learn and the connections you make in this job. I personally can't make connections inside my business that my dad hasn't already made because I literally work for him, but at that, I'm taking initiative and shaping our business to something different for when I can alter it when I graduate soon.

Hell yea man congrats, going to try and get a part time job doing that over the summer to help stack some money for my car.

Back