First Honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NewTaHonda

whats up guys,
i have about 3500 and i'm thinking about either a second gen teggie or a 5th gen hatch. what models should i look for in the teggie? i've been looking for a vx hatch for a while but never seem to call the seller before they sell their cars. also, is there anything i should look for when im looking at either a hatch or teg?
Thanks

if you can find a good condition 92 hatch get it they are all pre-wired for VTEC (this makes swapping much easier)
other than that a VX EX or Si of any year will have VTEC in it so you dont have to fuck with as much wiring

i would suggest a hatch over a teg for weight reasons but the 2nd gen tegs are nice too

i think you should go with the teg they are nice and dont weigh much more then the hatch and they also come with b18's (if you get an LS) so thats my opinion. if it were me i'de say fuggit go with a crx ....lol :D

please dont call them teggies <_<

Id say go with the 5th gen hatch, better power to weight. really any model is good, but like someone here mentioned ealier its a little easier if you get the VX, EX or Si. The CX will have DPFI, but since you'll probably end up swaping engines down the road its not that big a deal.

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 03:16 PM
i think you should go with the teg they are nice and dont weigh much more then the hatch and they also come with b18's (if you get an LS) so thats my opinion. if it were me i'de say fuggit go with a crx ....lol :D

integra = 2,600 lbs.

h/b = 2,000 - 2,100 lbs.

umm, 600 pounds is a pretty significant difference. haha

Back