For All Mini-me Swappers....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teal_dx

I see this question of "how do I know which is the ground on my vtec oil pressure sensor??" come up alot in here. and there's not an easy way to describe it. So I took a pic of mine (which vtec worked when I was done). This was for a 1999 y8 Head, I looked at a 1995 Z6 oil pressure sensor and it was the same wiring. these are 2 of the 3 wires you need to run, the 3rd wire is to the vtec silenoid and there is no ground so it will be hard to mess that one up. hopes this helps anyone doing mini-me!
(The ground wire is on the opposite side of the 2 plastic grooves)
vtec.jpg

then I filled the end up w/ silicone to make it weather proof
good luck!

It's different on a 5g Civic. Here are the only 2 wires on the solenoid head for OBD1, the green circular plug is the oil pressure, which goes to D6, and the gray plug with the green/yellow wires is the vtec solenoid, which runs to A4. Both of these can be done with a Z6 wiring harness, or you can extend wire and solder or add posi connectors.
s3e2c7f34e7614.jpg

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 9 2003, 08:59 PM
It's different on a 5g Civic. Here are the only 2 wires on the solenoid head for OBD1, the green circular plug is the oil pressure, which goes to D6, and the gray plug with the green/yellow wires is the vtec solenoid, which runs to A4. Both of these can be done with a Z6 wiring harness, or you can extend wire and solder or add posi connectors.

hmmm, I looked at a 5g Z6 and it was the same, having 2 wires on the oil pressure sensor and 1 on the vtec silenoid. Unless you mean "only 2 wires" as only 2 wires going to the ecu... than this is true because you run the ground to anything metal on the chassis.

*If you have any model 92 hatch it will be easy cause honda ran the D6 and A4 wires along with all the other wires into the engine bay, up to the passenger side shock tower. :worthy: Thank you Honda!

Back