for Sabz.. MythTV ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
surprisingly, im getting like zero help from anyone on ubuntuforums, or mythtvtalk, so ill ask these here for sabz or anyone else a little more savvy with myth.

1. so im looking for 1 or 2 PCIe tuner cards. currently i have a PVR-150, and it works great, and i know hauppauge has great support but i really dont know how support is for other brands. i really want something like a PVR-500, but i dont think they make one in PCIe. i currently only have SD cable access, but i wont turn my nose at some digital/HD stuff either (for the future). i have 2 free x1 slots and i would like to populate them with dual tuners if possible.

picture/audio quality is #1 importance.

currently running Mythbuntu 8.04 64-bit.

this was recommended but i dont think theres any support.

Newegg.com - AVerMedia AVerTV Combo PCIe ATSC/NTSC/QAM TV Tuner Card (White Box)w/L-P Bracket 7 95522 96058 0 PCI-Express x1 Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices

2. ok this is the second time this has happened to me, and im looking for a little help. basically if i try to exit mythfrontend by pressing ESC, myth immediately freezes and i have to shut it down with the system monitor. when this happened before i just did a fresh install and it seemed to be fine, i was having some other issues anyway so it wasnt a big deal. well now its happened again and i really do NOT want to wipe it again because i have a lot of custom configuration and it will just be a pain to reinstall everything again. any ideas on where to start?

Mythbuntu 8.04 64-bit
Asus P5K3
G.Skill DDR3 1066 MHz
Q6600 @ 3.8 GHz
BFG 8800GT (happened with 7300GT too)

PCI-E tuners aren't well supported yet. The one you have pointed out unfortunately falls under this :( Hopefully this will change soon.

from everything i read, digital works, but analog doesnt. but everyone is saying "soon". possibly supported in 0.22. same with the HVR 1250 and the 1800, which i really would prefer hauppauge anyway. but again, no analog.

two HVR 1800's + a PVR 500 would be perfect. oddly enough i cant even find any PVR500's. know of any retailers seling them? which tuners do you use again?

any idea on the freezing? im not sure where to start.

Back