forecasters: florida = fubar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We should have a little contest:

"State In The Union You'd Least Enjoy Living: California or Florida"

:lol:

cali still wins, no question asked.

no emissions > strict-ass emissions
old people > thugs
disney land > disney world
hurricanes > earthquakes/mudslides/wild fires

but,

arnold > jeb

so, its a toss up

Central Texas. No earthquakes, no big nasty storms, no emissions (not where I live, anyway), No state taxes, no hard winters... No worries.

I would much prefer to be in norcal, though.

Colorado is teh roxor, unless you happen to live in one of the few counties that require emissions testing, like mine. :p

I do miss the ocean, though.

Originally posted by alaskancodkiller@Aug 2 2005, 01:15 PM
oregon for now....

then colorado
[post=534674]Quoted post[/post]​

everybody rags on Oregon, but it's really a neat place. I don't get it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 2 2005, 03:31 PM
[post=534691]Quoted post[/post]​

Seems that way. I actually visited last weekend (the Ashland shakespeare festival) and what i saw was really nice. Plus no sales tax = awesome for visitors. Though ive heard that the eastern part of oregon sucks.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 2 2005, 01:26 PM
'rado is burning down right now too....
[post=534685]Quoted post[/post]​

It isn't bad right now. We had it real bad in years past. As long as you're smart, and don't put your house with its wood siding near a goddamn forest, your house won't burn down.

I swear, people who build their houses in fire/earthquake/tsunami/tornado-prone areas, then whine and cry when their house gets destroyed, bug the ever-loving bejesus out of me. :angry:

Originally posted by Guy+Aug 2 2005, 01:54 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 2 2005, 03:31 PM
[post=534691]Quoted post[/post]​

Seems that way. I actually visited last weekend (the Ashland shakespeare festival) and what i saw was really nice. Plus no sales tax = awesome for visitors. Though ive heard that the eastern part of oregon sucks.
[post=534697]Quoted post[/post]​

Anything east of the Bend area is just basically hillbillies and desert.

That's one of the neat things about OR, you get coastline, metro, valley, mountains, and desert all in the same state.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 2 2005, 05:04 PM
I swear, people who build their houses in fire/earthquake/tsunami/tornado-prone areas, then whine and cry when their house gets destroyed, bug the ever-loving bejesus out of me. :angry:
[post=534699]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur: 1000000%

Battle is correct. Oregon is a pretty nice state. There are a few crappy parts but in what state isnt there? The dunes there are badass too!!!!

The state I really wouldnt wana live in is Montana. Really what is there in Montana????

what about Wyoming? who the hell lives in Wyoming? my aunt does, but its fucking Wyoming. Wy? Wy Wyoming?

Although the weather here in CO is quite unpredictable, it's really great living here. I do miss the spring in Sweden however. Sun comes up at 3:30 in the morning, doesn't set until almost 11. About 70-75 degrees all day long. And it wasn't even summer when I left.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 2 2005, 04:14 PM-->
Anything east of the Bend area is just basically hillbillies and desert.

That's one of the neat things about OR, you get coastline, metro, valley, mountains, and desert all in the same state.
[post=534707]Quoted post[/post]​
don't mention you have to drive through 1 hour of desert to get here..
but there's places within 1/2 hour in the desert that ride just as good as the dunes

Drake
@Aug 2 2005, 04:36 PM
The state I really wouldnt wana live in is Montana. Really what is there in Montana????
[post=534725]Quoted post[/post]​

fishing, hunting, hardly any people... I miss Montana.
not to mention jelly stone, glacier national parks.
people go camping to get peace and quiet, and to experience nature. I used to live in it.

Back