Found An Apartment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

So me and my girl found a real nice place in Southington CT.....Its an In Law Apartment 1100sq ft $1250/m, attached to a family's house....Real nice church going family.....Its 1 Bed Room, 1 Bath, Big Living Room with Fireplace, Seperate Dining Room with a cherry wood dining set already in there he is keeping in there for us and Fully Applianced Kitchen...Then there is a downstairs, off to the right is the laundry room, washer and dryer included, and off to the left is alil area with A Foose ball table and a Air hockey table he is leaving for us.....Here is the best part...EVERYTHING is included...gas, elec, cable tv, internet, hotwater ....we will have 0 bills its all in the rent....$625/m each....Pretty siked...we are going Wednesday to sign the contracts.....

Congrats!
At first i was like o_0 with $1250 a month for an apartment... but for everything included, it's not too bad :wink:
Good luck.
Maybe if i'm ever in the area, we can make smores?

i was thinking the same thing! holy crap! that's more than my mortgage! lol
but then the bills... so yeah, not bad i guess.

welcome to the real world, where suddenly dropping 2k on random shit becomes a reality check

i hope you thought this through and have been with her for a LONG LONG time...

moving in together changes everything, and it sucks...
if you need personal space BAIL OUT NOW!!!!
trust me...

Quoted post[/post]]
i hope you thought this through and have been with her for a LONG LONG time...

moving in together changes everything, and it sucks...
if you need personal space BAIL OUT NOW!!!!
trust me...

A rule for living with a room mate / gf / whatever..

ALWAYS make sure you can pay all of the bills by yourself. Then move in. Because if your chick desides to move out, you are FUCKED. It happens all the time. I've had room mates bail on me and have had to pay all of the bills and rent by myself. Sure, having her around will cut the price in half, which will up your spending $$ considerably, but be sure you can afford it alone.

Congrats!

I've still never paid more than 400 for rent, ever.

:ph34r:

and you all tell me that Indiana sucks.

Quoted post[/post]]
you live in a shit hole :p

you can get a studio for 400 bucks here...

Actually I don't. my apartment was 500 sq feet and had central air/heat. All for 335 + electric.

I've since moved, and I'm living in a two story house for 150 a month. :p

and if you think property values in Fort Wayne are low, you should actually see some of these million dollar houses and multimillion dollar properties that have sprung up on the north and west side of town.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Actually I don't. my apartment was 500 sq feet and had central air/heat. All for 335 + electric.

and if you think property values in Fort Wayne are low, you should actually see some of these million dollar houses and multimillion dollar properties that have sprung up on the north and west side of town.

You're always going to have a handful of high dollar houses from people who want to get away from areas like LA/DC/NY however over all your area is a very cheap place to live. I have a good bit of family there. it's a nice state. just not worth much when it comes to jobs/housing.

I can move 2 hours south (VA) of here and get an apartment for 400-500 easily. I would also make 50% less money then I do here. shit I could buy a HOUSE for 100K let along rent an apartment.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You're always going to have a handful of high dollar houses from people who want to get away from areas like LA/DC/NY however over all your area is a very cheap place to live. I have a good bit of family there. it's a nice state. just not worth much when it comes to jobs/housing.

I can move 2 hours south (VA) of here and get an apartment for 400-500 easily. I would also make 50% less money then I do here. shit I could buy a HOUSE for 100K let along rent an apartment.

A handful? and suddenly you have family here? lol

Jobs I can agree with you there. Downtown has so much office space for rent, but million dollar homes, not to mention very historic high dollar homes are everywhere in this city.

The entire west side of town is the rich side of town, there's more than just "a handful" of houses.

every city has million dollar homes now....
i'd say 30% of my town is over 700k

Quoted post[/post]]

A handful? and suddenly you have family here? lol

Yes. I havnt had any reason to tell you so I never have. I've been there many many many times. It's very nice there. However, there's 3 things to do. Fish, riding horses, and TV. I tend to stick with the first 2.

And yes I stick with my (handful) comment. Besides you don't really understand the differance between high cost houses and big ass high cost houses.

In Maryland you can find Condos for over 1 million dollars. you can find houses with .25 acres of land for over 1 million dollars. you can find townhouses for over 1 million dollars. Where my parents live the standard single family home goes for 600K. and it's nothing but your AVE joe blow houses. When you look at the rich homes in maryland they go for $30+ million.

Shit once again my SINGLE BEDROOM apartment is $1300.00 a month. like I said every place has a handful of rich homes. they're just rich on different levels.

1 million dollars in your state would buy a normal sized townhuose in maryland.

Ok and...? You guys live relatively close to one of the largest metropolis' in the US. It stands to reason a lot of millionaires that work in the City will have houses in states bordering an ocean. I live in the middle of Indiana. Nothing special out here, but that doesn't mean there aren't any rich people here.

You constantly insult places like Ohio and Indiana and two threads later bitch about how much you're paying for rent.

It's been kind of confusing.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok and...? You guys live relatively close to one of the largest metropolis' in the US. It stands to reason a lot of millionaires that work in the City will have houses in states bordering an ocean. I live in the middle of Indiana. Nothing special out here, but that doesn't mean there aren't any rich people here.

You constantly insult places like Ohio and Indiana and two threads later bitch about how much you're paying for rent.

It's been kind of confusing.

you bragged about how cheap rent was. he explained why you pay so little and how it costs so much more where we live in the northeast. i dont see what your so confused about?

I'm confused on why the constantly bitch about housing/condo pricing in their area, and then insult someone who pays less because to them someone who pays less must "live in a bad area".

The ironic thing is my car has never been broken into while I'm at work, unlike in B's situation however many months ago that was.

I live in a damn good area with great housing, I just don't get ass raped on rent. But every other housing thread they post up has them bitching and bragging about their high dollar neighborhoods all in one post.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm confused on why the constantly bitch about housing/condo pricing in their area, and then insult someone who pays less because to them someone who pays less must "live in a bad area".

The ironic thing is my car has never been broken into while I'm at work, unlike in B's situation however many months ago that was.

I live in a damn good area with great housing, I just don't get ass raped on rent. But every other housing thread they post up has them bitching and bragging about their high dollar neighborhoods all in one post.

I really don't mind paying $1300 for rent. I live in a kick ass place that's totally pimpin.
My point is your rent is cheap for a reason. does that make your area bad? no. but don't brag about how cheap your rent is when you live in an area nothing like the areas other people have posted the cost of their living.

you pay cheap rent for a reason.

And if I remember right I said good things about your state. I've been there many times. Would I live there over maryland? Maybe if I was over 50 and my kids were grown and out on their own. other then that I wouldnt want anything more then a 2nd home there.

My rent is cheap because it's a smaller apartment. Not because it's any worse to live in this area over living in your area. Who knows. People in your area are just greedy bastards and overcharge for rent so they can make some net profits off of you.

I'd never pay 1300 for your apartment. While it's nice and all, it's a rip off. Places like yours will rent out here for under 1000 all utilities included.

Sure you've said one or two nice things about my area, but have you ever actually lived up here for a good amount of time? There's plenty more to do than fishing, riding horses and watching TV in either Indy or Ft Wayne that you're completely unaware of.

Since that was brought up though, would I rather live here or in an apparent upscale overpriced section of CT or Maryland? hell no. Overpriced shit blows. Just think of what could be done to that treefiddyZ of yours if you were paying sub 1000 a month on rent.

Quoted post[/post]]

Since that was brought up though, would I rather live here or in an apparent upscale overpriced section of CT or Maryland? hell no. Overpriced shit blows. Just think of what could be done to that treefiddyZ of yours if you were paying sub 1000 a month on rent.

I couldnt afford my Z if I lived there.

I pay 1300 a month becuase I get paid enough due to living in this area to make it happen. run down piece of shit apartments in shitty ass areas around here go for 500-600ish 1 bedroom.

I'd rather make 3 times as much and live in a high cost area then to get paid very little to live in a low cost area. Bottom line, more money you make (even if spent on living cost) lets you play more. Do you think I would have been able to buy a 350Z at the age of 20 making just over 20K a year?

Overpriced shit sucks but when you add it all up income VS outgoing money.... it evens itself out.

Back