Four or Five?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
My GSR's wheels have four studs. A Type-R (and a lot of other performance vehicals) have five. I would think that this would improve the application of force as well as stopping power due to the increased number of contact points on the wheel. How much difference does it really make though?

In the end I would like to aquire a turbo setup for my Integra but that is at least a year away. Running about 5-6lbs of boost into mostly stock B18C1 isn't gonna make some 500 horsepower monster.

Would it be worth the effort to start searching junk yards for a swap or should I just upgrade my brakes and call it good?

yeah what eg said. and not all type r was 5 lug

more lugs is generally used for more rotational mass-- larger, heavier, wheels.

hondas and such have 4x100
most subbys have 5x 114.3
bmw rocks 5x120
pickups run 6x140 (among others)
rigs run like 25x12312 lol

werd, ty all

I do need to move past the tearing stuff off phase and move into the bolting the thing back together and driving it bit...

these guys are right. i changed lug patterns, 4x100 > 4x114.3 but only because i upgraded to UBER MASSIVE BRAKEAGE!

and the wheels i ultimately want for the car come in 4x114.3 :)

i have 5x114.3s and its an absolute whore trying to find quality light weight 15 inch wheels for it :(
they are either 16 +
wrong offset
heavy
questionable quality
the same fucking wheels everyone else has
or 8 million dollars a piece
:(

shouldnt be that hard to find decent 15" 5lug wheels
jlbmotorsport.com

Last edited:
more lugs is generally used for more rotational mass-- larger, heavier, wheels.

hondas and such have 4x100
most subbys have 5x 114.3
bmw rocks 5x120
pickups run 6x140 (among others)
rigs run like 25x12312 lol

Even though I am from Boston, and therefore naturally your better, I must admit I don't know everything...

I understand the 4 and 5 to be number of lugs but what is the second number?

bolt_pattern.jpg

Back