freeeeeeee...freeee.....free

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
if you come get it...a free 1990 jeep with a 80% dead transmission...I'll strip out the CD player, and the fan....and what ever else is on it or in it that I can use on another car....

just come get it...I'll fill up the tire with air...and sign the title over...write out a bill of sale for $200..and you can do what ever you want to it...as long as it's not on my property or surrounding streets...

$50 and I'll put the fan back on it...and it can limp about 50 miles driving real slow...and stop signs will be hated witht the trany the way it is...

PM me for directions...

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 18 2005, 01:59 PM
if you come get it...a free 1990 jeep with a 80% dead transmission...I'll strip out the CD player, and the fan....and what ever else is on it or in it that I can use on another car....

just come get it...I'll fill up the tire with air...and sign the title over...write out a bill of sale for $200..and you can do what ever you want to it...as long as it's not on my property or surrounding streets...

$50 and I'll put the fan back on it...and it can limp about 50 miles driving real slow...and stop signs will be hated witht the trany the way it is...

PM me for directions...
[post=541921]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe ill take a ride this weekend if im not to hung over. i always wanted a jeep. does it just have a bad tranny or is it a bucket-o-problems? 5/4spd i assume?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 18 2005, 02:18 PM
its a cherokee
[post=541936]Quoted post[/post]​

werd, not a wrangler

For parts, I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee sport for $500. The body is 100% offroad damage, the engine and trans are perfect. The rear is detonated and needs a new one. all power options, alarm and nice tires.

Makes a good compliment to Airjockies.

I also have a line on a 5 speed Cherokee 2 door, 1990 with low miles. No carpet, and stripped interior with the gauge package and 4WD. I can work out $1000 for it. Paint is faded.

-> Steve

Where is this cherokee sport?? I'm interested.. Been considering a jeep project lately, and need an SUV for the kiddos.

In the great lame state of CT...

1990 Jeep Cherokee, inline 6 cylinder, tranny litterally dead, and if it's not gone by tuesday...then it's getting donated to the Humain Soc.

rust...yup...it has some...but strong enough for a good beater. Engine is mint, and can use a new O2 sensor. Right front drive shaft is clicking when I had 6 bags of cement in the back. 4WD works great. Heat kinda works, AC needs a recharge, but works. I took the stock fan off, put a $117 Jegs Adjustable 90-260 degree electric fan( currently sitting on the floor in the garage) throw some money toward it, and I'll install it while I air up the drivers front tire and re-charge the battery. Has a fresh Sony CD player in it...throw some money to me for it, and it can stay in the Jeep....if not..it's getting yanked...and your going to have to install your own sterio with out a wireing diagramn...hehe

Free Jeep yes...with some stuff on it that I can use on other cars...throw me a decent tip.

Has a title, and is currently insured...but will drop the insurance when I hand you the keys. Is also registered...so remind me to take the plate off the rear. On the title..it say's it is a rebuilt car...I think the DMV screwed up...but it's still re-registerable anywhere...I think.

And for another $75 I'll include the RICE kit....and the wing does look sweet on that Jeep.... :)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 18 2005, 06:36 PM
And for another $75 I'll include the RICE kit....and the wing does look sweet on that Jeep.... :)
[post=542071]Quoted post[/post]​

if im as bored as i am right now this weekend ill make the drive with a friend. how long is that drive from south jersey(basically phili). and do you think it will make it back to nj or do i have to call my friend with the trailer?

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 18 2005, 04:37 PM
Where is this cherokee sport?? I'm interested.. Been considering a jeep project lately, and need an SUV for the kiddos.
[post=542047]Quoted post[/post]​

The cherokee is an offroader. Their is not one straight body panel on it, except the rear. And it runs, but it needs a new rear - The shaft is out of it now to drive it around the yard. power windows / cruise / ac (Works) / locks, H.O. motor (Factory Mopar mild lift cam) 4.0 with a trans with a shifter kit. The rear that's in it now is a Detroit locker, and if you can salvage it be my guest. It's black with beige interior, and a Visonik head unit. It's got the rear sound bar, and full offroad recovery / skid plates. The doors have been re-welded and are really strong now. This Jeep used to be a monster, and my dad now has a Wrangler that has risen to the challenge.

Combine this with Airjockie's jeep, and you've got a good running Cherokee with spare parts.

-> Steve

amq.jpg

amr.jpg

ams.jpg

amt.jpg

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Aug 18 2005, 05:46 PM-->
Airjockie
@Aug 18 2005, 06:36 PM
[post=542071]Quoted post[/post]​

if im as bored as i am right now this weekend ill make the drive with a friend. how long is that drive from south jersey(basically phili). and do you think it will make it back to nj or do i have to call my friend with the trailer?
[post=542072]Quoted post[/post]​

Sunday would be best...sat I'll be busy with a drift event and a party...

that far of a trip..I would highly suggest a trailer...

it's a good 2+ hours to Meriden, CT, 06451

That's funny, the Cherokee Sport has the other single fog light :)

-> Steve

looks decent if i get it running right. could be a great daily while i swap the trans in the teg. what kind of gas mileage we talking?

it got about 18 when it was running right...not bad for an SUV....

new o2 sensor, plugs, wires, dizzy cap, fresh trany, replace the torque converter when you have the trany out for safe measure, a u-joint on teh front passenger axel, some rust work, re-glue the ceiling cloth, fix a flat in the drivers front tire, and a cheap Maaco paintjob, do an ailighnment(sp), fluch or replace the heater core...and it can resale for some serious cash...I would have done it...but too many projects, no money, or the lack of a strong back....I dumped a total of 4K's plus into this jeep since 2001...and only put about 16-18K's on the odometer...so I'm losing a lot on this...but I'm gaining time to do other things more important. ;)

but hey...It's free....WTF are you waiting for???!?! :angry:

first come first serve.... ;)

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Aug 18 2005, 06:58 PM
and when you suggest the trailer, is it because it drives like shit, or it may not make it?
[post=542112]Quoted post[/post]​

The trany is unreliable....

when you put it into gear...it's in gear...and in gear......it doesn't move. Then you give it gas, rev it up to 3000 rpm's...then it starts to move... It drives...but when you have stop and go traffic...your going to waste more gas than you would getting a truck with a trailer to come pick it up. once you stop at a traffic sign, same thing...you got to rev it to get it to move..and once moving....it will be in a high revving band that will keep it moving... might be the torque converter, or the trany...or both.

It's not a car I want my wife to learn to drive on, so she bought the 95 Subaru Legacy today for that purpose..and I need to clear up the insurance and registration so I can get the newer car registered.....so the jeep is out to the curb....don't need it anymore..and I'm tired of it....it's just taking up space and costing me $150+ a month to just have it parked in the driveway....CT property taxes, auto taxes, and registrations, and insurance...money I can use somewhere else.

Back