TN FS: 1991 Civc hatch B16a/SiR front

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JermBizzle

VIP
Never thought i'd be doing this, i've owned the car for almost 6 years, but I just can't keep up with it maintenance-wise and it is nickle & diming me to death.

Car:

1991 Civic std. Came with a 1.5 / 4spd manual
Mileage currently reads 237,xxx - I don't think its really even worth posting though because besides the actual chassis, theres nothing left with that mileage on it thats not been replaced or swapped besides the bushings (yeah I know, they need to be).

Engine:

Bought from Hmotors 7/05
PR3 B16A
AEM CAI/SiR Intake also
ITR Replica header
Apexi WS2 Exhaust
Hasport Mounts

Mobil 1 Full-Synthetic 10W-40 High Mileage, switched from 10W-30 recently, motor wasn't burning oil anymore noticeably, I just know its getting up there in mileage.
K&N Oil Filter

Transmission:

Y1 w/LSD (factory)
Exedy 8.5lb Flywheel
Exedy Cerametallic Clutch
GM Synchromesh fluid

Engine/Trans - Good:

Engine has never burned anymore oil than is normal for an older Vtec engine, I credit the Mobil 1 for that.
Has never left me stranded...extremely reliable!
I had also planned on swapping in a set of Brian Crower cams, never ended up swapping them, sold the cams but I have a NIB set of BC springs & retainers, Viton ValveStem seals, ARP headstuds that i'll throw in.

Engine/Trans - Bad:

Driver's axle is popping really bad
Lost Motion Assemblies are worn out, sounds like the engine has a "valve-ticking" problem, but valve clearances have been checked and are within spec... I have a NIB set of H22 lost motion assemblies that will come with the car.
Transmission needs to be rebuilt, 2-3rd grinds, 3-4th grinds, 4th is difficult to get to engage sometimes.
Shifter has lots of play in it, when the car is in gear, it wiggles like its in neutral still, haven't narrowed that problem down yet.

Suspension:

Koni Yellows/H&R Race springs
Energy Suspension F&R Swaybars (not installed)
Feels upper front strut bar

Wheels & Tires:

GSR "Fat Fives" painted gunmetal
205/50/15 Falken Azenis RT-615 - 60-70% tread left

Brakes:

Full DA F&R brake swap
DA LCA's were used in the rear for a slightly wider track
Earl's SS lines
Motul fluid used always

Interior:

JIC Magic reclinable bucket (driver)/ED Civic Si factory Recaro (passenger) - both in excellent shape
Si center floor console
Si gauge cluster/I have the SiR as well with a converted wiring harness done by KylesFakeSiR, also have the electronic SS you'll need for the swap, never got around to swapping them.
EDM LHD Center Console with optional din
Spoon Shiftknob
Alpine CDA-9887 Reciever (not currently working, electrical problem of some sort) - 4-5 months old
Polk mids, 1 in front works, 1 in rear works -- 2/4 working. 4-5yrs old.
Lock Cylinder broke some time ago and has not been replaced yet, rear of cylinder was disassembled so that the car can still be driven.

Body:

SiR front end conversion
SiR rear wing
SiR taillights w/"vtec" center garnish
VIS SiR replica CF hood
Windshield replaced 3-4 yrs ago
No rust on quarters
Front end has small amounts of rust on filler piece and one fender
Driver's door has been replaced due to someone destroying the original door

All bodywork was done by me & a friend, anything we've had to put on doesn't line up exactly as it should, we're not experienced by any means in that field. So neither the front end nor the door is perfect.

I have a lot of odd spare parts that will be included if found with the car, if you can't tell, i'm very familiar with the car and what is and isn't wrong with it as i've drove it daily since High School and i'm now 22.

I also won't sit here and say that the car is perfect with no issues and that it doesn't need work, it does and i'm well aware of that. I've learned to deal with its issues over the years and if you can as well, it'll be a great car for a while longer! Any questions you have about the vehicle that I haven't discussed, I can answer for sure, so just let me know.

It upsets me greatly to even have to post it up for sale as it has been my pride & joy since I was able to drive, but I just need to move on I suppose...other things in life have surfaced.

I'm posting a for sale price of $4k, if you don't agree with it or think thats asking too much, PM me, don't bother cluttering the thread please.

Had a good friend clean the hood for me just the other day
Picture001-2.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

311040-1.jpg

421meet061.jpg

42112.jpg

4219.jpg

ed6d38fd5b36.jpg

I can also provide pics of anything needed to be seen, just ask politely and i'll get them asap.

Contact info as per the rules:

AIM - Hondjrm
E-mail - Hondafrk2004@yahoo.com

good luck with the sale..not a bad ef but will be hard to get 4k

I know it will, I know its not in good shape. Thats as low as I can go to have any chance at getting a decent car when and if I do get the price i'm asking though.

You have a striking resemblance to the guy that does Numa Numa.

Good luck with the sale, man. If you end up parting out the car, I may be interested in a few things.

:D

I've also been told I resemble Jack Black...dunno how though lol, I do have some wild facial expressions.

bump clean ef... gl on price... maybe try to trade for a newer car with a sohc?? think about it

bump clean ef... gl on price... maybe try to trade for a newer car with a sohc?? think about it

Yeah i'm open to all trades....has to be a good car though, preferably stock....I just need something to get me around for a while.

Nice thread. Very well laid out.. the way a FS thread should be.
I like the car too. Its a nice, unmolested EF.

Best of luck with the sale man. :thumbsup:

Nice thread. Very well laid out.. the way a FS thread should be.
I like the car too. Its a nice, unmolested EF.

Best of luck with the sale man. :thumbsup:

Thank you sir! :)

I just try to make it easy to read and for people to find the info they are looking for.

Back