Fs/ft: B16a 83mm Darton Sleeves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondasniper

Engine Builder
FS/FT: B16A DARTON 83MM PRO SLEEVES. These are similar to AEBS sleeves. I bought them w/ the intention of building a b16 block, but I ran into a B18 for a great deal. I would like to sell these or trade for some 81mm B18 Flanged Darton Sleeves (MID). Hopefully someone bought the wrong MID kit (b18) for their B16 and would like to trade :D. I bought these NEW (and they are still new) for $550+ship. They have not been placed on the side (causes sleeves to become extremely slightly oval if left on it's side for an extended period of time) and has been kept in a temp controlled area at all times. All accessories and machine shop manual are included and are still new since I haven't really used it except to see the measurements that are req'd. SRP makes 83mm pistons for these sleeves.

OH YEA, These sleeves DO NOT require the ENTIRE casting to be removed so you should be able to save some $$ on machine shop installation since less material has to be removed.

FROM DARTON
The Darton Pro-Sleeve Kit is available for many series of 4, 6, and 8 cylinder import and domestic engines and provides for maximum bore sizes and boost potential. The benefits of our pro-series kits are:
  • Improved block integral strength
  • Improved cooling
  • "Wet sleeve" replace-ability
  • Increased horsepower output potential
  • Superior oil and compression control
  • Street or strip application
  • Kits can be installed by your local machine shop
  • Full installation manual with every kit sale
  • High boost and horsepower potential · Superior cylinder sealing and ring wear
  • Bulletproof Darton ductile iron, 130,000 psi tensile strength
$450 SHIPPED obo (Lowballers will be shot :cool:)

The Sleeves:
Darton1.jpg

Darton2.jpg

Darton3.jpg

Darton4.jpg

Last edited:
When I talked to a guy at Darton, he told me that it's not recommended to go past 84.5mm with these sleeves. But I've heard of people taking it to 85mm w/ no problem, but they aren't high boost/high nitrous applications. If you are going turbo, you can just up the boost instead of increasing the bore size that much. Or if you are doing a nitrous application, add more nitrous w/ more retard in your ignition timing.

Last edited:
Back