Fuel Feed Line for B18C Swap into EG CX Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HCarPhreak

I recently swapped a 94 JDM B18C into a 92 EG CX hatch. I've started it up and it idles fine. I've also driven it around my neighborhood at 25 MPH. I haven't taken it on the street yet because I don't have a cat or exhaust yet (open header is so cool). Up to this point, everything seems fine. There are no check engine lights.

Recently out of boredom I read Sport Compact Car's B16 EG swap article and noticed that they said that they had to swap out the fuel feed line because the DX line has a different design that won't allow enough fuel to flow. My question is does this apply to the CX as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I used the B16A feed line, and it was shaped a little different so t didn't fit exactly on teh tilted filter, as far as it being not big enough. I don't know, never used one, but I do believe the banjo fitting is smaller diameter.

I have heard a long time ago that the interior diameter is different, but never looked for myself.

Thanks for all of the replies. Anybody else with first hand experience with this situation. Especially anybody that used the stock fuel feed line and that is having no problems.

But was yours an S or an Si?

Hmmm...see, I had forgotten about that, but I did read, I believe on Hybrid-Honda, a while back about that exact issue with the lower end models. I know that when I put my B16A in my CX, I used the B16As fed line, always have, but it seems that I looked and noticed that they were different diameters on the inside of the banjo bolt (but being old, I don't remember for sure). Maybe someone that's mid swap can have a look for us to confirm one way or another.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 14 2005, 12:53 PM
Hmmm...see, I had forgotten about that, but I did read, I believe on Hybrid-Honda, a while back about that exact issue with the lower end models. I know that when I put my B16A in my CX, I used the B16As fed line, always have, but it seems that I looked and noticed that they were different diameters on the inside of the banjo bolt (but being old, I don't remember for sure). Maybe someone that's mid swap can have a look for us to confirm one way or another.
[post=526120]Quoted post[/post]​

This sounds like a good idea. Anybody in the middle of an EG swap able to help?

I've got a GSR in my 92 CX. I used the stock CX fuel line, and I've had no problems in the 2 or so months I've had the swap. Stock line = absolutely fine.

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 14 2005, 05:58 PM
I've got a GSR in my 92 CX. I used the stock CX fuel line, and I've had no problems in the 2 or so months I've had the swap. Stock line = absolutely fine.
[post=526313]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but im having this exact problem. Does anyone know if its the pipe thats a different diameter or the big nut on the end?

Will a f22b fuel pipe and nut fit an EK with a B16a2? theres one in my local breakers if itll fit.

Anymore info appreciated.

I lost the original B16 fuel pipe and got a unknown replacement for this build. I think the replacement is off something with a smaller diameter. I need to know if its the internal diameter of the pipe, the banjo, or the big nut that is different. Im running 680cc injectors btw.

Will the F22 one fit you think?

Cheers

I'm in the middle of a B16a SiR II into a Honda CX and since the fuel line was cut on the B16 (Osaka in Canada:mad:) I used the stock fuel line without any problems.:D

Back