fuel injector problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Supadax

Ok i determined i had a problem with my h22 jdm injectors and removed them and put in my h23. Im pretty sure the h23 are lower volume then h22. so i am curious if i should buy stock h22 injectors off ebay or to buy the venom python injectors witht he 10% increase in flow. current setup is h22a, intake, header, a true spoon ECU not just chipped. i know the ecu maybe a problem but hey its what came with the motor. and no imediate future plans in upgrades since i just dumped 2k into this car.

problem right now is when i lay onto the throttle it chugs... im asuming not enough fuel going into the cylinders... anyways any other suggestions would be apreciated.

I may do a full fuel system upgrade high flow filter, high flow rail, pressure reg and injectors... and do the pump later on when i start needing the flow rates of higher hp.

oh and the car sat for a year before doing the swap so i think my fuel filter is clogged up anyways from sitting. but yah

thanks

:werd:

and I wouldn't bother with upgrading the fuel system UNLESS you can have the car properly tuned. EGAY chips are not tuning, they're a fuel dump with advance timing and lack of redline.

By all means buy those parts if you have the knowledge or money to properly tune the car afterward. Otherwise, just buy the stockers.

Agreed, when my #1 cylinder wasn't getting fuel my lude sounded rough, and actually like an old muscle car. but it seemed like it was about to die all the time. i put in venom injectors and they work perfect now:)

my ecu isnt an egay chip.. its an actuall spoon ecu... had ecu sticker on it sealing it shut and when i opened it up it was completely manufactured...

Originally posted by Supadax@Jul 22 2005, 04:07 PM
my ecu isnt an egay chip.. its an actuall spoon ecu... had ecu sticker on it sealing it shut and when i opened it up it was completely manufactured...
[post=529967]Quoted post[/post]​

cool. :)

Wow, thats cool....hella expensive.

Originally posted by Supadax@Jul 22 2005, 02:07 PM
[post=529967]Quoted post[/post]​

Just remember though, it's only a step above an Egay chip. Plugging a Spoon ECU into a non-Spoon engine won't necessarily help you. It's all about what mods that ECU was tuned for. It's entirely possible that the ECU is still causing some of your trouble.

Back