fuel pump help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
I think my fuel pump is going out. some days the car takes a while to start. i check the fuel presure and there is none, but after turing the key several times it finally kicks on. so do I need a new one.

give suggestions and good place to get one.

right now i am running a na b16 in my crx.
do i go with a stock pump or walbro or?

Originally posted by formby@Aug 12 2005, 09:38 AM
i would get an intank 255lph walbro...thats what i use.....
[post=539228]Quoted post[/post]​

for na

well your sig says "next is turbo"....but yeah get the 255 its only 10 bucks more.....

just ordered a 255 for $89 and free shipping :thumbsup:

alright fuel pump is in and working good, but still ran into the problem of sometimes doesnt want to start (no fuel pressure in the rail).

is there a fuel relay? if so where is it located

Check your fuel pressure regulator.. doubt its it, but its a thought.

its not the regulator. i have a aem regulator thats 5 months old. plus when my car wont start i get out and check the fuel presure gauge and there is no pressure in the rail.

when i have the problem of the crx not starting, I cant hear the wine of the fuel pump. and i have to turn the key on and off several times before the pump kicks on. thats why i ask if there was a relay, and where is it located

theres a relay or plug for the fuel pump underneath the backseat.
the main relay is near the steering wheel check the manuals below it better than any i've seen or bought.

BTW its also free. :rainfro:

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/downloads/downloads.htm
that has the workshop manuals for all 2nd Gen CRX's including the B16 in the VTEC supplement
:ph34r:

Originally posted by Z6CRX+Aug 23 2005, 05:42 PM-->
theres a relay or plug for the fuel pump underneath the backseat.

[post=544211]Quoted post[/post]​
:disgust1: i dont have a back seat (yet). i have a storage compartment and there is nothing underneath it.

Z6CRX
@Aug 23 2005, 05:42 PM
the main relay is near the steering wheel check the manuals below it better than any i've seen or bought.

BTW its also free. :rainfro:

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/downloads/downloads.htm
that has the workshop manuals for all 2nd Gen CRX's including the B16 in the VTEC supplement
:ph34r:
[post=544211]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll check that out, thanks for the link,

I think i have that manual on cd, I have to check it out.
:thumbsup:

um...under the seat is a plate....thats the connector...

.i am having the same problem....does it kick one some times?..

.i changed the FPR and then i had no psi...took the pump out, tested it and it worked....now i am too lazy to put the tank back on and i cant figure out how to twist the banjo line back on the right way...changed the relay and still no psi???????

Originally posted by formby@Aug 24 2005, 10:32 AM
um...under the seat is a plate....thats the connector...

.i am having the same problem....does it kick one some times?..

.i changed the FPR and then i had no psi...took the pump out, tested it and it worked....now i am too lazy to put the tank back on and i cant figure out how to twist the banjo line back on the right way...changed the relay and still no psi???????
[post=544538]Quoted post[/post]​

yea formby, sounds like the same problem to me, sometimes doesnt kick on. most of the time the pump works, since i canged the pump it has only happened twice that the car wouldnt start

the banjo line only goes on one way.

where is the relay located at under the dash

i know that it only goes on one way.....but i cant get it to go on the right way.....and i'm a little lazy and the heat index has bee @100+ deg in FL

it should be by the fuse box under the dash.....by the hood latch.....it says main relay on it or something...

check page 187 on the workshop manual and the entire section on the main relay in the fuel supply system. If you really dont fee like download it i can send those pages via e-mail. I'd recommend downloading it while its there so you can check that stuff anytime.

its a little gray box...its bolted to some plastic behind the hood latch...go to honda buy a new one mine cost me 61...but I dont' have the problem anymore...also could be your fuel filter did you check that? could be clogged up

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Aug 24 2005, 12:56 PM
its a little gray box...its bolted to some plastic behind the hood latch...go to honda buy a new one mine cost me 61...but I dont' have the problem anymore...also could be your fuel filter did you check that? could be clogged up
[post=544643]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt check the filter, going to replace that this weekend, I check out that relay, i now know what relay your talking about, thanks Civic_sohc.

that relay cost $61, damn thats pricey.

and z6crx thanks again for the link, I do have that on cd, but i will check out page 187 :fosho3:

Back