Gauge cluster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are there any stock gauge clusters that will fit intoa 1990 civic DX hatch? Im looking for a cluster WITH a tach built in. would there be any extra wires that i would have to run for the tach to work? would it work at all?

A how-to would be nice.. thanx

I got a jdm one for my 95[diff I know] w/a redline of 8200 for my b16 and I love the non blinding amber that I thought I would hate,mine just plugged in and works great,and while shopping on e-bay for it I found lots that said they will fit for ya........the little peice of paper taped to my wheel w/kmh conversions was pretty funny for a couple weeks till I got used to math again though :D

as far as how to on my 95 the clips were the only pain in the ass that wasnt obvious from looking,and they werent hard to find carefully w/a screwdriver.

My EX cluster plugged right into my DX wiring without having to add anything on my 95, so I assume yours would be the same way. Why run different harnesses at the factory, right? That only makes things more difficult... I'm willing to bet money that your tach wires are already in the dash.

I actually have an 89 CRX Si cluster that's coming out, if you're interested.

:)

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 8 2003, 03:51 AM
My EX cluster plugged right into my DX wiring without having to add anything on my 95

as did mine...95 dx auto to a 92-95 manual jdm si cluster,everything works and I didnt have a tach to begin w/either[dx obivously]

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Dec 8 2003, 09:55 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 8 2003, 01:14 AM
E_SolSi
@Dec 8 2003, 05:02 AM
Km/h = :thumbsdown:

:fuckyou: :p

you dont count .... your in a country that uses Km/h for the speed limits

Heh...actually the US is one of the few places in the world that still uses "mph" to measure speed. Most European countries, Asia, Canada, etc...all use the "metric" system. :p

Jason

PS...and the comment of why use an extra harness at the factory...I totally agree...when I took the cluster out of my STD and put in the SI cluster it was just snap, snap, snap. Two harness's and the speedo...done...but that was in a 90...I'm done babbling now....

Originally posted by Magik@Dec 8 2003, 09:23 AM
Heh...actually the US is one of the few places in the world that still uses "mph" to measure speed. Most European countries, Asia, Canada, etc...all use the "metric" system. :p

:eek: you're kidding [/sarcasm]

im well aware that the US is one of the few countrys not using the metric system..... but that doesnt change the fact that our speed limits are in MPH and if your speedometer only reads Km/h there is a very good chance you're fucked when a cop gets behind you

i would rather we used the metric system
system based on units of 10 >>>>> system based on random numbers someone pulled out of their ass

plus it sounds more impressive to say the top speed ive gotten my del sol to is 245 Km/h :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM-->
@Dec 8 2003, 09:23 AM

:eek: you're kidding [/sarcasm]

im well aware that the US is one of the few countrys not using the metric system..... but that doesnt change the fact that our speed limits are in MPH and if your speedometer only reads Km/h there is a very good chance you're fucked when a cop gets behind you

i would rather we used the metric system
system based on units of 10 >>>>> system based on random numbers someone pulled out of their ass

plus it sounds more impressive to say the top speed ive gotten my del sol to is 245 Km/h :D

Actually most cluster that have the Kph on them 'on top' do have the 'mph' in smaller digits below it (at least both of mine do). It's an option anyway...if the kph cluster is the only one that he could find, then you could get some after market gauge 'faces' that have the mph on them.

B)

Jason

Back