gauges for hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i have a 93 dx hatch mt and i dont have a tac. could i get aftermarket glowing gauges that has one and hook it right up? are there wires on the other side of the cluster? or would i have to get a whole stock ex cluster? :huh:

the glowing gauges would do nothing for you. If it's like the CX cluster, it has speedo in the middle, water temp on the left and gas on the right. Putting the paste over gauges on, especially one that is a tach, has no purpose. You would be the same off putting a sticker of a tach on your dash. It wouldn't function. :( You have to get either the EX/Si gauge cluster (or the JDM SiR cluster if you're really PIMP) or just a fatty Autometer Tach or something similar. The cluster is easy to remove and cost under $100 on eBay and you're in RPM heaven again, everything plugs up. You guessed it, plugs up behind the cluster, real easy stuff though. Good luck. B)

thank you for the info, now one more thing if i got an ex auto cluster would that work in a mt? then just change the faces?

i got mine frm a junkyard for 25 bucks. It could be any ex or si cluster if you are going to get guage overlays(auto or manual).The auto ones are easier to find though. Hope any of this helps. And to hook them up just unplug your old one and plug in the new one. I ended up getting the si one for the higher redline.

if it has the gauges you want, it will work. regaurdless of your trans.

Back