Gauges.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JBHonda

ive got a D series motor in a 95 Civic LX. how do i put a oil preasure gauge in the block? i dont want to take the stock sensor out and set off my check engine light. where do I put the sending unit?

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
You can put a T where the stock sensor is and run both the sending unit and the stock sensor off that T.

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
On my 93 LS it looks like a 1 wire sensor with a rubber boot over it. If you are standing in front of the car bending over the engine it is below the oil filter and a little to the right.

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
All B, D, F, and H series FWD Honda engines have the oil filter on the back of the block. So yes.

JBHonda

ok well then ill get one . do you recomend me getting one? I mean the engine is getting old and i want to make sure it has good oil preasure. Thx

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
If you plan on boosting or doing a head swap then they are a good idea, otherwise your oil light will come on if the engine can't maintain the oil pressure it needs.

JBHonda

Yeah the thing is that my light has been coming on a lot. (every week) burning a lot of oil. i just need to keep a eye on it

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Then yeah, add one. It certainly can't hurt.