GE Headgasket issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

Well I got my golden eagle ls vtec kit and it came with a ****-p30**** headgasket. Isnt that a b16 headgasket?

Well... The water passages and so forth dont like up at all. The cyclinders do but thats about it. Im no idiot, this thing looks way off and will leak. Its an oem honda p30 headgasket.

I thought it should be a pr4 gasket. Maybe Im wrong.

Is anyone familiar with this problem, or heard of it? I can take pics if no one knows what i mean.

The gasket is not upside down. It says "UP" etched in to it.

I was right. Those SOBs sent me a GSR/B16 headgasket

Part # 12251 P30 004 Fit's B16A , B18 (GSR) & B18C5 Type R

I need:

Part # 06110 PR4 030 non-vtec LS Head Gasket

Anyone else ever have this problem? Slackers For 250$ they better come to my crib and bring me the right gasket!!

250 shipped was the ls vtec kit which includes the wrong oem honda gasket.

Sux. That's why I use SCE. :(

(I have been hearing more and more negative remarks about GE lately........ Am I the only one????) :huh:

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jun 24 2005, 05:51 AM
250 shipped was the ls vtec kit which includes the wrong oem honda gasket.
[post=515960]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, you bought the whole kit.

There's like 8 different kits, the only difference being the headgasket size/model. You sure you ordered the right one? If you didn't open/use the gasket, you should have no problem exchanging it...Vince has been really cool and helpful every time I've called. When I built the B20 a while back, I accidentally ordered an 81mm instead of an 84.5mm gasket. I just called, sent them the 81 back, and within the week had the right gasket in.

if you're going ls/vtec, you want a vtec head gasket... not an ls one.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 27 2005, 12:12 PM
if you're going ls/vtec, you want a vtec head gasket... not an ls one.
[post=516923]Quoted post[/post]​

Incorrect Brian. You want an LS headgasket. :tisk:

No, hes right. I called Golden Eagle myself. They dont ship the LS headgaskets and dont reccomend using them because you would need to shave a rivet and using the vtec headgaskets more of the water holes oil holes etc line up properly. You can call them and they will tell you, although you want to use the ls one cause of the block, you should use a vtec one and when you buy their kit unless you specify otherwise, it comes with a p30 B16 headgasket.

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jun 28 2005, 06:37 AM
No, hes right. I called Golden Eagle myself. They dont ship the LS headgaskets and dont reccomend using them because you would need to shave a rivet and using the vtec headgaskets more of the water holes oil holes etc line up properly. You can call them and they will tell you, although you want to use the ls one cause of the block, you should use a vtec one and when you buy their kit unless you specify otherwise, it comes with a p30 B16 headgasket.
[post=517282]Quoted post[/post]​

I dissagre with golden eagle. I had my motor built by a shop that does hundreds of hondas and ls/vtecs. I also spoke with SCE about it, and c-speed recomends matching the headgasket to the block....

:shrug2:

WTF? How can that be? One side says "Definetly use the LS headgasket"
The other side says "Oh,no! Don't use the LS gasket, use VTEC one!"

:angry:

If I used the wrong gasket I'ma gonna be REALLY pissed of. <_<

Pissedofsohcslammer. :wallbash:

NEED MORE OPINIONS!!!!!!

Golden Eagle = VTEC
C-Speed Racing = LS
Hondaswap Resouces = LS
Hondaswap Owner = VTEC

:ph34r:

I used a non-vtec gasket on the B20, and it didn't have any headgasket problems....

Granted, it had OTHER problems....but nothing relating to the headgasket...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 07:01 AM

i guess it goes both ways. IMO, its better to have the holes on the head line up. lol
[post=518534]Quoted post[/post]​

B said he goes both ways :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by integraslut78+Jun 30 2005, 11:43 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 30 2005, 07:01 AM

i guess it goes both ways.  IMO, its better to have the holes on the head line up.  lol
[post=518534]Quoted post[/post]​

B said he goes both ways :lol: :lol: :lol:
[post=518918]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

Yeah, I talked to a few people and apparently you can use either headgasket depending on how you line up the dowel pins. So.... we are all right. :blink:

Yea but if you use the LS gasket there ends up being a rivet that you should machine or it could leak..

Thats what golden eagle says. They have a comment on everything and they will tell you about how T'ing off the oil pressure switch is the wrong way to do it cause it could cause stress and the T can crack, and the fact that its not filtered oil going to the head

The guys over there are pretty intelligent so I trust them that they did their homework. THey said they sell 60 ls/b20/vtec kits and never got one complaint about the headgasket being incorrect fitment

Back