Getting Tired of my D15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HollowJDM

Slowly getting tired of my stupid problem box 95 DX. Still havent fixed my wrecked quarter panel. Feel another tranny is about to go (third gear grind on easy throttle once again, and last time i blew spider gears out the bottom), and im just losing d series interest.

But something lightbulb in my head went crazy. i want a 99-00 si, bone fucking stock. i just get more satisfaction out of having one.
anybody out there can help me make my decision?
anyone know what insurance? and all that crap?

Find a '95 EX or Si in good condition and use the price difference to do a SiR2 swap. EG > all.

Or you could spend too much and buy an EM1

You could buy mine for 11.5 :)

Mines almost bone stock, just has an intake and stereo setup.

Why don't you just swap a b16 into your 95 DX?

That way you have VTEC, 160 hp and no car payments.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jun 7 2005, 11:42 PM
[post=509419]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm not even going to comment, because you know what im going to say, because they sell for 9 all day.

but anyway...

other then the motor aspect, like i said, my car is technically totaled. looks bad on driver side but to TOO bad, driver side door jam is warped thus totalling the body on technicality. i need a whole new qaurter paint job, i have dings all over. interior is gettin horrible due to having to go to work and back in it (dont stay too clean on construction job) and i would feel better having something newer, ill save the swapping for a project car that doesnt get driven everyday. my car just has too many problems, hell, i dumped money in a wrecked car LOL, it is a pretty fun d15.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 7 2005, 10:45 PM-->
@Jun 7 2005, 11:42 PM
[post=509419]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm not even going to comment, because you know what im going to say, because they sell for 9 all day.

but anyway...
[post=509423]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I gotta have some money to buy a new car, don't I? I owe less than that on it. :p

o ya, and i want my si to be BONE ASS STOCK! i dont even want one thats only got exhaust or only got rims. because i want to find the one tht was owned by someone for its options, not the same reasons i want it, that way i dont have to worry about getting one dogged to hell.

Originally posted by HollowJDM@Jun 7 2005, 10:56 PM
o ya, and i want my si to be BONE ASS STOCK! i dont even want one thats only got exhaust or only got rims. because i want to find the one tht was owned by someone for its options, not the same reasons i want it, that way i dont have to worry about getting one dogged to hell.
[post=509439]Quoted post[/post]​

half hour and boom, it's bone ass stock again. All I have on it is the intake.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jun 7 2005, 10:58 PM-->
HollowJDM
@Jun 7 2005, 10:56 PM
o ya, and i want my si to be BONE ASS STOCK! i dont even want one thats only got exhaust or only got rims.  because i want to find the one tht was owned by someone for its options, not the same reasons i want it, that way i dont have to worry about getting one dogged to hell.

[post=509442]Quoted post[/post]​

but have an si because B16 DOHC VTEC Si, youve raced it, youve reved it, youve grabbed gears and tested its power.
i want to find one that has been owned by someone who got it for the options, and not knowing a thing about dohc vtec or power or racing. someone who never grabbed second or third or never raced it. that way i know that im getting a very fresh si that i can get the most out of. aka i want to be the first in it to raise the hell.

I don't remember him ever saying he dogged it... or raced it or anything...

its like buying a used m3 or a used 911 turbo, the people have a general idea of the car they are buying and have used it for its intended purpose. Unless you buy one from a 80 yo woman, its been drivin hard a few times...

well the point im trying to get at is just if i buy an si i want to find one that has no work done to it and has the least wear and tear i can find. oh ya, 2000si, what do you pay for insurance on it and what coverage?

Originally posted by HollowJDM+Jun 7 2005, 11:01 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jun 7 2005, 10:58 PM
HollowJDM
@Jun 7 2005, 10:56 PM
o ya, and i want my si to be BONE ASS STOCK! i dont even want one thats only got exhaust or only got rims.  because i want to find the one tht was owned by someone for its options, not the same reasons i want it, that way i dont have to worry about getting one dogged to hell.

[post=509442]Quoted post[/post]​

but have an si because B16 DOHC VTEC Si, youve raced it, youve reved it, youve grabbed gears and tested its power.
i want to find one that has been owned by someone who got it for the options, and not knowing a thing about dohc vtec or power or racing. someone who never grabbed second or third or never raced it. that way i know that im getting a very fresh si that i can get the most out of. aka i want to be the first in it to raise the hell.
[post=509446]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you mean by "abuse"? You're saying you'd buy a car with an 8000 rpm redline and you'd never use it? I rev my car some, usually once or twice a day. But I don't beat the hell out of it. I mostly cruise through town though revving to 4-4500 and shifting. I've never had a problem with this engine, at all. The only problems I had with this car was right after I bought it. The inner radio antenna wasn't working and the passenger door lock didn't work. I had them both fixed under the non-powertrain warranty.

Basically, 90% of the time I drive it, I baby it. Every now and then I'll rap it through the gears, but it's made to do that. I've never burned out with it though, that's just pointless and brings stress on the engine and transmission.

I bought this car because I couldn't find a 94-01 GSR which is what I really wanted. I did buy this car because my brother had a red 00 Si just like mine without the body stuff on it. (I have the spoiler, lip and fog lamps)

Anyway, I pay 177/mo through state farm for full coverage on my own account.

I'm 22 with no points on my record.

I dunno if I really want to sell it. There's about 12 door dings on the driver side from the careless motherfuckers at work, two of the rims are curbed because of some careless mother fucker cutting me off in the rain. And the lip has been hit coming out of driveways numerous times. I hate raised driveways.

edit: and I've debadged the rear. I took the CIVIC and Si emblems off last month, so now the only way someone will know it's an Si is from the DOHC VTEC stickers on the side and the rims.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 7 2005, 11:23 PM
99-00 si that is stock or unabused lmao good luck
[post=509463]Quoted post[/post]​

and to this, :werd:

It's made for abuse, you won't find a 99-00 Si that has been driven like a little old lady owned it.

Edit: yes I've raced it. A few times, got destroyed by a bmw 740i, pulled even with an aurora 4.0 V8 fwd through 3rd gear. (sweet race) and the such. I've hit the rev limiter a couple of times. Merging on the highway in 2nd gear is a bad idea, start in third. :)

I don't care what type of car it is, unless you are buying it new expect that it was dogged on.

There are 2 EBP '00Sis here in Coos Bay that are owned by younger chicks (mid 20s) that were bought for the options/color/name and are still bone stock.

ask any Honda dealer or sales man, Ever since 1999 the ONLY people that look at and buy Civic Sis are 18 year old males.

-> Steve

Back