Good allergy medicine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
i get really bad allergies in the spring and summer, especially when im outside a lot. my mom used to give me this generic shit that i only had to take once or twice a day and it worked hella good.. anyone know of a good generic allergy medicine thats any good?

well, theres like two kinds.
the kind that you take when you need it and the kind that you have to take for a few days before it takes effect and it builds an immunity.
i want the one that builds the immunity.
does benadryl do that?

the only shit that REMOTELY works for me is this stuff called clortrimecton
Chlor-Trimeton

i've taken literaaly every other pill on the market and this works the best and is over the counter.

and probably expensive as shit right?

well, the shit that i took before, didnt work for my mom. she had to get some expensive shit. so i dont think that i need anything fancy.

I've never tried that, but as far as Benadril, Zyrtex, Clariten, etc. I believe they prevent but you have to take them daily.

I don't think any drugs will help you "build immunity" to allergens, you'd pretty much have to keep using the medicine. I could be wrong though.

Last year when I went to the doctor, they gave me a shit load of Claritin samples; like enough for 3 weeks. Maybe your doctor can do the same.

well yeah, you still have to take them everyday otherwise i wouldnt have allergies.. duh.
lol
but it kind of builds a temporary immunity because you can miss a day or two and not have any problems.

its not too bad... no worse than advil really.

i take it only when its really bad. all these pills tend to make my head want to explode.
so its either sneeze 312312 times a day, or have a migraine. i hate spring.

I used to take Zyrtec, back in the days when it was prescription only. It works great but be warned that it makes your skin very sensitive to sunlight. If you're outside a lot you need to be careful. Claritin works well too, not sure of the side-effects however.

Still beats 20 years ago, I had allergies to everything under the sun when I was a kid and I would have to go for a weekly shot. Good times.

i use take the generic form of claritin (loratidine). no drowsiness or any adverse side effects for myself and it works 12 hrs.

and yes you can build tolerance to the allergen with shots. similar process to vaccines and it takes a while, 3-5 years but it helps.

i just developed my allergies a few years ago, and a few years before that i developed seasonal asthma as well.
i guess im a late bloomer. lol

i bought this generic shit from rite aid yesterday.
100 pills for 10 bucks aint bad.
but i have to take it every 4 to 6 hours :/
they didnt have anything that youre supposed to take every 12 hours.
im like, some fucking drug store..

michael-jackson_loses-neverland.jpg

sneeze your face off

eastern medicine. nettie pot. uses saline water mix, goes into ur sinus's, cleans them. works for me, used to have bad allergies. if not that, mt dew/mello yellow can help me w/ sneezing.

loratidine!
i remembered what it was i used to take.
this shit i got from rite aid makes me pass the fuck out.

Back