GOOD high-quality pics of the shop! Yay!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Well, as some of you know I've recently opened my own shop down in Houston to do what I seem to do best - repair, service, maintenance, restoration, and performance work on high-end European cars. I opened the doors on October 1st, and initially was nervous that the building I got was too big, and I wasn't sure that I'd be able to grow into it. Coming as a complete surprise to me, here I am a mere 4 months later and I'm already having to look into getting another building and expanding to keep up with the ever-growing demand for my services. We haven't had time to do hardly any advertising, and our website is nothing but a .JPG of some of the services we offer - we've been busy as can be making broken cars fixed, fast cars faster, and aging jewels shine like new again. Last week, my good friend Brandon Bones with Studio 819 Photography came down to snap some photos of the shop in action and to yell at me for taking pictures of anything with my iPhone - he did such a bang-up job on the photos that I couldn't help but to share.

Enjoy, and remember: Do it right the first time, do it IDB!

shopfront_zps4f3e702e.jpg

lamboshopdoor_zps173b2c07.jpg

shinyshop2_zpsf9870155.jpg

shinyshop_zpsfec58ad2.jpg

We use only the finest fluids and lubricants...
oils_zpsaa767bad.jpg

...and whenever possible, we use exclusively OEM parts - that's why we're able to offer the same 12 month/12,000 mile warranty as most dealerships! There's never a need to worry about a poorly-made aftermarket part failing!
mbparts_zps66a6c432.jpg

mbintake_zps0a6684cc.jpg

mbdipstick_zps3477056b.jpg

jamestorque_zps735604d5.jpg

jamesdiag2_zpsf242ef48.jpg

Our diagnostic equipment is top-notch; if your current repair facility is doing diagnostic work on your high-end European vehcile with a scanner that can also check distributor timing on a '91 Chevy Blazer, it's time to move up in the world!
mbdiag_zpsae9e3740.jpg

jamesdiag_zps5a34da2e.jpg

jamesbrakerotor_zpsb16e8e35.jpg

borescope_zps4a667301.jpg

2jzhead_zps6b6d94be.jpg

2jzcam_zpsddbafa15.jpg

idbteam_zps51b2d6cd.jpg

Last edited:
Any time a vehicle is brought into the shop for repairs, we'll go over the vehicle front-to-back multiple times to make sure every item on the car is in tip-top shape, and to make note of anything that needs attention. Here, we're doing a full service and inspection on a 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo.
lambolift_zps8a40b6f7.jpg

ericwriting_zpsfa41d92f.jpg

wilericinspect_zps46e1dff5.jpg

willambo_zps6abc43b2.jpg

We don't just tell you what's broken, worn, leaking, or wrong with your car - we'll take (relatively) high quality photos, print them out, and keep them on file - see for yourself what we're replacing!
photo_zps66477371.jpg

lamborear_zpsd700e3ad.jpg

We don't JUST work on European vehicles - we're able to offer repair, maintenance, and restoration services on ANY vehicle, regardless of what continent or decade it came from! Take this Datsun we're currently going through, for example:
i-X6mfVGc-XL_zps2262dcab.jpg

datsun6_zps42232b93.jpg

datsun3_zpse9182b59.jpg

datsun2_zpsf6360474.jpg

datsun5_zps1e148771.jpg

datsun4_zpsb9a6f904.jpg

datsun1_zpsaae70486.jpg

Whether you're ballin' on a budget or bankin' with the big dogs, nothing makes a fresh car look stank like lettin' it get all dirty an' stuff - at IDB Racing - Repair - Restoration, we offer unparallelled cleaning and detailing services that can make that dull turd look like a shiny jewel again. Additioanlly, any time we perform major repairs on a vehicle, we'll typically go thru and detail it at no additoinal charge - just because there's no feeling in the world like having your dream ride back working like new AND looking it as well!
lambointerior_zps53155f2e.jpg

detailhood_zps139c8fcb.jpg

detailtrunk_zpsdc73f786.jpg

detailrollshood_zps298c80ff.jpg

detailbefore_zps1a700da3.jpg

detailafter_zps9d97ea7f.jpg

Here's a good example of one of our absolute favorite things to do: take something that's beaten into nothing and turn it into something awesome. I picked this 2002 525i wagon up for less than I pay for one month's rent - and didn't have to put much more than that back into it! After rebuilding the engine and going thru all the electrical systems, flushing all the fluids and replenishing them with new OEM lubricants, installing an upgraded stereo along with Rainbow components in the doors and a powered subwoofer, installing coilovers on the front and fabricating a set of our SLS rear lowering links, retrofitting an M5 front end and repairing the body damage, replacing the headlight lenses, installing some gnarly Concept One wheels and spacers, and giving her a good scrubbing, she's good as new and rides like a dream at just a touch under 200,000 miles! I currently drive her as a daily, and we're building a single-turbo 2JZGTE to drop in it later this year! Granted, as a repair facility our 'out of pocket' expense on a 'reviving' such as this will be much lower than you as a customer; however we're still able to offer comparative services that can ultimately put you in the car of your dreams for a fraction of the price. As I write this, we've currently got two other late-model 'rust to riches' mini-restorations in the shop in progress!
wagonwheel_zps42d81aa2.jpg

wagontaillight_zps47667651.jpg

wagonlowfront_zpsff79eec5.jpg

wagonfront_zpsaa6f3738.jpg

wagondarkside_zps003ac633.jpg

wagoncorner_zps42d8ca34.jpg

wagonback_zpsdfca51c7.jpg

Last edited:
...and finally, since Bones IS a photographer after all, I figured I'd go ahead and throw in some of the more 'artsy' type photos for your viewing pleasures.
rollsbackground_zps2c8e3857.jpg

rolls_zps88d666f7.jpg

lambowheel_zpsa99c8b42.jpg

lambowheel2_zpsab5052b5.jpg

lamboside_zps8648f4b4.jpg

lambodark_zps76b56c98.jpg

Ketchup, the Shop Protector.
ketchupbw_zpsadc0b358.jpg

bmwgrill_zps0b09892f.jpg

AMGwheel_zps96c0530e.jpg

2jzcylinders_zps3188dc0a.jpg

Last edited:
awesome pics man!! doesnt those new Lambos come with air suspension on them from the factory? i LOVE that wagon you drive as a daily. its pretty badass. what kinda motor is in it? LOL at the couch!!

Couch is there because it's awesome, and if a customer wants to come in and relax and watch me work on their car, they're more than welcome to - I don't have anything to hide.

The wagon has the stock motor right now, but the 2JZ that we're working on in some of the pics will be going into the wagon later this year. Stay tuned :D

I wish Wil could work on my cars :(

Shop looks awesome. I've NEVER come across a shop as nice as yours yet Wil.

Congrats dude. Wish I lived nearby, I'd just see what you could do with my Lincoln on a budget. Since I've got some money and no time now.

I love that wagon. Bet it's one hell of a daily too. When I hit lotto, I'm shipping the Integra to you, well, just because I'll be able to.

Back