Got a Job offer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

Welp,

I've been tired of my job for some time now as a worker's comp claims assitant. And Just recently i been really do some job searching.

I'll try to make a long long story short.....Basically i am getting low balled in my pay at work. I've taken on the job of two former supervisors along with my claims assistant role. My salary..28,400....yeap, thats what i live off of.

Well, a lady who used to work here, who got laid off in Oct 05, became a supervisor at Ace Insurance and said they had a Claims Assistant position open and she wanted to me come interview for the job...I think it was gonna pay 32000...But also its like an hour drive each way compared to the 14 minute drive i have now. So i went on the interview 3 weeks ago....They called me back a few days ago asking me if i would rather come on as a Claim Rep in training, course i said sure why not....My friend told me the job would prolly pay around 35k to start....

Welp the VP of Claims called me yesterday and said they would like to make me an offer...$39,500 to start 2 wks vaca, 2 personal days, they give you 6% of your pay for 401k regardless if you contribute into it or not and they will match 6%..basically if i contribute 6% they give me 12% and only 6% comes out of my pay...CHeaper med/vision/dental cost then my current job....Plus if the Company meets their goals they put 3% of your salary into your 401k as a bonus..and as of now i have no 401k..zip, zilch, zero...

I figure with the free 6%into 401k, thats like making 41870 a year......not quite the SAME but hell it works for me....

So i am just waiting for the offer letter in the mail, go get my drug test and wait for background check and i will have a new job soon...

pretty excited..

you're not the only one :ph34r: I had an interview last night too. :ph34r:

good luck with the new job. 40k gets old real fast :p

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
info?

i don't want to bogart his thread....

damn, that great news, the hour drive will suck
you didn't buy a house yet did you?
thinking of relocating yet?

i think hes just renting right now, so yeah... what city is it in scott?

Its in Windsor, i live in southington just renting.....

But B yeah i want more info on your interview dude..whats up

This guy http://alistapart.com/authors/g/aarongustafson is leaving the company... and thus, his position is open at cronin in glastonbury.
i had an interview last night over coffee....
and he said he'll be in touch for a 2nd interview at the company and to meet the team. its looking pretty damn good right now.
it's also going to nearly double my salary. While money talks haven't been made, (i'm assuming that will happen at the 2nd interview along with the offer) the job was listed at 75-90k + bonuses.
we'll see.

i've been kinda keeping this on the DL as i don't want my current job to know anything until i actually have an offer.... but whatever. i'm so fed up with this place today that i don't give a shit if they see this and can me. they'd be doing me a favor. No knowledge transfer document to create :p and trust me, thats going to be a week-project from all the shit i do here.... and don't get paid for. i'm officially the lowest paid guy in IT. and theres been 5 new guys come in after me who are idiots and don't know shit and make more than me, and well, i've had enough.

bad week for business? fuck you, pay me.

i'm out.

sweet deal, for the both of you.

and what's with you & that GoodFellas quote recently....

For the record, I'm the lowest paid guy in IT in CT.

Project Manager = $38k. :yarly:

Quoted post[/post]]

holy crap, thats gotta be like illegal or something...

hey will you come paint my apartment..i'll pay you 15 cents an hour.....

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

holy crap, thats gotta be like illegal or something...

hey will you come paint my apartment..i'll pay you 15 cents an hour.....

from salary.com

The median expected salary for a typical Project Manager I in Southington, CT 06489 is $73,259.

The median expected salary for a typical CRM Application Architect in Bristol, CT 06010 is $124,193.

i make 45.

so :p

i don't even want to stay. i'm sick of it.
they'd have to make me a DAMN good offer to stay IF i get an offer on this other place.

i don't make 60. i wish i did. i made 45k a year, a lot of which goes to health ins and the irs. i take home about 25k.

Yeah, I need something for the long term. I do nothing but look for work - I have for the past 9 years (being a consultant). I'm going to take their permanent offer because it's very tough interviewing for a permanent position with a 4 page resume (I have simply cut mine down to the top 2 pages, which goes back to 2000. Not enough when I tell them I have 18 years professional experience)

thats only 48 weeks

52/2 = 26

26 x 1150 = 29,900...

which sounds about right for a 45K salary...
1/3 gone to taxes and health

so you gonna get a bigger house if you get this other job?

and how about you corvetteguy?
you gonna think about a house if you land that job?

Quoted post[/post]]
thats only 48 weeks

52/2 = 26

26 x 1150 = 29,900...

which sounds about right for a 45K salary...
1/3 gone to taxes and health

so you gonna get a bigger house if you get this other job?

and how about you corvetteguy?
you gonna think about a house if you land that job?

House or Condo, but we still have 7 months on the lease where we are now.....I'm hoping her credit is allot better then 6 months ago..I helped her out allot she had a 625score..she owed old cell phone bills, cable bills old crdit card debt....i've helped her organize al that and rid of that crap...she makes good money about 45k a year...I'm hoping we can save mone for the end of a yaer for some kind ofa down payment toward something......I got good credit...740 last time i checked about 6 months back...should be better paid off two credit cards and got rid of my corvette car loan soand truck loan soooo....with all that in mind...yeah the plan is to buy something down the rd

Back