Got Flex?

• Thread starter sisteve
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S

sisteve

JPG.jpg

fd14b843.jpg

image008.jpg

DSC009781.jpg

O3PL-HLECvvCSxIG8ClEn++a8dj8sd+Y0180.jpg

j338.jpg

j296.jpg

j373.jpg

STUMP.jpg

and one that needs a semi warning

HERE!

I can't wait until my TJ is able to do that shit! :)

Jeeps and their articulation. Why couldn't they have made a brand new pickup.
Oh and the girl in the link
sps.gif

Damn that looks sweet. Some of those pics look like the springs are going to just get riped off. Jeeping is so sweet. Just dont drive up a big sand dune, not no what at the top, go full speed up it then when you reach the top, drop 10 ft like my brother did with his Jeep. Do you have the 4.0 in there or did you have to settle for the 4cyl ?(brothers was a 4 banger) I love jeeps but they have suck good resale valve.

Mines a 98' TJ Sport 5sp -I6

Soon to be about 3" Higher, and fully locked in the rear with an ARB Air Locker and running 33's

possibly looking into a charger for it, but I will have a Thorley Header, Catco high flow, and a gibson exhaust on it before then end of February!

Originally posted by jeff@Jan 5 2003, 11:48 PM
Jeeps and their articulation. Why couldn't they have made a brand new pickup.
Oh and the girl in the link
sps.gif

here's a pickup for you Jeff!

pickup.jpg

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 5 2003, 11:55 PM
Mines a 98' TJ Sport 5sp -I6

Soon to be about 3" Higher, and fully locked in the rear with an ARB Air Locker and running 33's

possibly looking into a charger for it, but I will have a Thorley Header, Catco high flow, and a gibson exhaust on it before then end of February!

Shit our mod lists are looking pretty close except I am going with the charger and exhaust first, then the 2 or 5 inch lift and 33s or 35s. I just cant see lifting a truck with 1800 miles on it yet. Plus I have a locker already but its not as good as the ARB.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 5 2003, 11:55 PM

if you were looking to do that kind of stuff to it, you should have bought an old YJ and dropped a chevy small block in it.

When I was in colorado, there was this one town, Ouray, known for great jeep trails, anyways there was this sweet jeep there that was an old YJ with a 350? in it and the best part of it, it had a little sign on it, posted upside down and said "if you can read this, please flip me over)

the rear diff in the d35 axle is pretty decent for what it is, but when your doing shit like whats pictured above, you really need to have a better locker than an oem one.

As for putting a 350 in, I can still do that, but the I6 has been along forever and its def a great little engine thats a torquey bastard. and plus have you ever been in a pre -97 jeep? the dashboard and interior are fugly as all hell! I like something that actually looks like a vehicle, not something strait out of the 70's

I was reminiscing about my old supercharged si and realized that my jeep has 100 more ft lbs of torque stock than what the si had with a supercharger! Even though the jeep isnt nearly as fast as the si was, it still would kick its ass off the line!

:)

i am talking about the old 70's jeeps with the circle headlights (I thought those were CJ's?) My brothers was a 95 so yes i know what they look like inside, very ummm basic. But the newer one rides so much nicer and are alot more quieter with the suspention. That I6 is a great engine though (sucks that it has dodge behind it but...)

I meant a new Jeep. I would like to get a scrambler. I might be getting a cj3.

i love watching and riding in a jeep during that stuff. in GA we used to go all the time. i miss it but damn good times. hurry and finish steve so i can go for a ride

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 12:12 AM
i am talking about the old 70's jeeps with the circle headlights (I thought those were CJ's?) My brothers was a 95 so yes i know what they look like inside, very ummm basic. But the newer one rides so much nicer and are alot more quieter with the suspention. That I6 is a great engine though (sucks that it has dodge behind it but...)

yeah those are cj's, your bro has a yj with the square head lights.

The main reason why I chose a tj is due to the fact that they changed the suspension in 97. I like the way it rides like a car, but kicks ass off road when you need it to.
As far as the I6, the only thing dc did to it was change it over to Fuel Injection. Its still the same block/head/everything else from Jeep!

Its still one of the most reliable engines out there and with proper maint will last well over 300k

Trin, Ill give you a RIDE anytime, finished or not! :)

Just get the new Rubicon for $30k. Everything you would ever do to a Jeep already done with a 7 year warranty. Mmmm, lockers and 31"s.
Here's the Jeep my father has that I drive whenever my car is out of commision.
jeep.jpg

4" suspension lift (not body lift) with 31"s. We're looking at some clean black rims for it.

Back