Great News! Just Bought A B18c For $2500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bought a B18C(Its the Integra Type R not just the GSR) off a rich (Asain) guy. The reason it says B18C instead of B18C5 is because its JDM not USDM...(for those who were wondering). I got the Motor, Tranny, ECU, Harness, Distributor, Alternator, Shift Linkage, Exhaust Manifold, Intake Manifold, and EVERYTHING else i didn't mension for the complete swap. I bought the complete swap off him for $2500!!!! The only reason i got it so cheap was because he recked the Integra he had it in and didn't want to hassle selling it online. So i lucked out big time!!!! I just thought i would share the good news. THANKS

P.S. I will be putting it in my 92 Civic CX Hatchback! ( which only weighs 2094lbs :D )

So ur saying that if i have a JDM Integra Type R motor that it will have B18CR stamped on the damn block. I doubt it...So then what does the JDM Integra Type R motor have on the block??????????????

no you both are wrong. let me school you rookies. B18C1 is JDM GSR, B18C is USDM GSR, B18C5 is Integra Type R USDM and JDM if the Block says B18C only it's not a type r.

Originally posted by HondasHateMe Posted on Apr 8 2003+ 04:37 AM -->
HondasHateMe Posted on Apr 8 2003 @ 04:37 AM ) said:
b18c is the JDM GSR...B18CR is JDM ITR
No they are both stamped B18C.The ITR is called the B18C R for identity purposes and the JDM GSR is refered to as the B18C siR-G for the same reasons.In the states they are the B18C1 (GSR) and the B18C5 (ITR)

Civ93 Posted on Apr 8 2003
@ 04:42 AM
B18C1 is JDM GSR, B18C is USDM GSR, B18C5 is Integra Type R USDM and JDM if the Block says B18C only it's not a type r.

See above.

:thumbsup: good find.

Some one posted 2 pictures of JDM motors the other day... They both were staped B18C, one was JDM ITR, the other was JDM GSR... BUT you could tell them apart by the Intake Manifold. And the motor i bought has the same Intake Manifold as the JDM ITR had!!!!!!!!!

SO WHAT DO I HAVE THEN?????? GSR or ITR? Also either way i got an awsome deal, so lets not get all mad and shit ok.

GSR

Dc2Sir.gif

ITR

Dc2Reng.gif

Originally posted by Civ93@Apr 7 2003, 10:42 PM
no you both are wrong. let me school you rookies. B18C1 is JDM GSR, B18C is USDM GSR, B18C5 is Integra Type R USDM and JDM if the Block says B18C only it's not a type r.

everyone shut the hell up except John. B18C is JDM, as they don't have any numbers after the 2nd letter. B18C1 is a USDM GSR. B18C5 is a USDM ITR. Look at the block, see if it says B18C, then tell us the color of the valve cover...It's an ITR, then the wiring harness will be backwards.

Originally posted by NeedACivic@Apr 8 2003, 04:50 AM
SO WHAT DO I HAVE THEN?????? GSR or ITR? Also either way i got an awsome deal, so lets not get all mad and shit ok.

See above pictures and post for your answer.

It has a RED VALVE COVER...Also my INTAKE MANIFOLD is EXACTLY like the picture of the ITR that was posted, and last but not lease...the block says B18C!

So do I or do I not have a JDM ITR...?

look at the head. the gsr has the upside down intake manifold... the itr/b16 goes up towards the hoodline.

either way, the motor you got was a good price, be it a gsr or an itr

Originally posted by NeedACivic@Apr 8 2003, 04:58 AM
It has a RED VALVE COVER...Also my INTAKE MANIFOLD is EXACTLY like the picture of the ITR that was posted, and last but not lease...the block says B18C!

So do I or do I not have a JDM ITR...?

Yes,unless he went through the trouble to change the IM and put another valve cover on it.You can look at the stamp on the head to confirm it,but no matter what you're ahead of the game.

I will, but the guy is having the motor pulled out on wed. or thurs. because thats the only time he is availible to do it. and when he gets it pulled out then i will post all the pics you want!

P.S. i have already paid him half and i will pay him the rest when he gets it pulled! ( If you think im lieing)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 8 2003, 12:02 AM
Yes,unless he went through the trouble to change the IM and put another valve cover on it.You can look at the stamp on the head to confirm it,but no matter what you're ahead of the game.

can't- the itr manifold won't bolt on to an ITR or b16.... bolt pattern is different

Where is the stamp on the head i will look for it and then tell you what it says!

Also what will the stap say for JDM GSR and JDM ITR?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 8 2003, 05:01 AM
also, look at the head stamp. if it says pr3, its an itr

I thought it would have a P73 stamp on it.

Back