Ground Control coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
I have heard these are good, and in particular everything i read talks about GC and Koni setups. Im thinking about upgrading my suspension and need some advice....

the background info:
right now i have crappy VIS coilover sleeves that came with the car. i did however buy new KYB AGX adjustable shocks because i couldnt take the blown stock shocks that came on the car. also have skunk2 front upper control arms and rear camber kit as well. the ride is not that great, the springs are more bouncy than I like, and if i stiffen the shocks to help with the softness it gets choppy.

So im wondering how would some Ground Control coilovers work with my KYB adjustables? Any idea what spring rates might be good?

Im looking for something i can ride around lowered 2"+ and get a nice controlled ride and tight handling.

heres whats on the car now, just cuz everyone loves pictures :D

rotagroupn005.jpg

tegkyb.jpg

whats your budget??
any thoughts on getting a full coilover set instead of shocks and sleeves??

well yeah that would be nice, but i was hoping to do a cheaper upgrade than a full coilover. specially since these shocks probably dont have 1500 miles on them yet, id like to keep them.

I actually have a set of Ground Control springs, and the adjuster for sale. Their too small for my Cb7 suspension, so they dont sit fully in the pillow mounts, and they seem to be for a civic. So you would have to get some struts for it. Plus I live like... an hour or so drive from you.

Edit: This set came on a full set of Kyb struts and it rides tight. My only bitch about is I have two bad struts so it fucks with the ride on me. but everything else is tight. My cb7 is on some serious negative camber right now and other than hitting crap on the ground, or really bad bumps, the car rides great. no bouncing like other cheaper suspensions give you.

Last edited:
so these GC coilovers you have are civic/integra fitment? how much do you want for them and any idea what the spring rates are?

also im still looking for any advice about what spring rates might work good with my kyb agxs. i just want good street handling and tight controlled ride, only racing i do is at the drag strip, no auto x or anything.

I cant remember the spring rates. Their in the car right now, I'm taking them out either tomorrow or saturday, maybe sunday.. Its too effin hot out. PM me if you want.

Last edited:
Back