GS-R 2 Door or 4 Door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Well im looking around and theres a good amount of 4 doors with low miles and good prices. What do you guys think? I like the idea of people not having to be so cramped but it also does not have the same effect as the 2 door but at the same time i think any 4 door i get will have a better chance of not being a lemon do to the fact any one who owns a 4 door owns it for a reason, meaning there older then most and take better care.

:cliffs: I didnt really want a 4 door, but theres lots of nice ones around.
Do you really think i will be missing much if i got a 4 door.

Basicly should i aim for 2 door or just GSR, and leave it at that. I cant decide if i should even consider the 4 doors when i see them. I do know that with the back handles shaved they start looking pimp

never realy heard of Acuras/Hondas being lemons - only 1.8t's... hehe

I would go for it, I like the four doors when done right.

Theres a white 99 4 door GS-R for 7.5k with 65k miles out here andthat just seems awsome to me. And thats the asking price! Who knows if i could jerk him down some.

i would not buy a 4 door GSR... its just not the same car...its heavier and doesent handle or stop as well....if u want an automatic then i guess u would have to get a 4 door but who cares about the people who sit in the back..if its ur car...u shouldent be back there

Originally posted by FakeTypeR@Mar 20 2004, 05:22 PM
i would not buy a 4 door GSR... its just not the same car...its heavier and doesent handle or stop as well....if u want an automatic then i guess u would have to get a 4 door but who cares about the people who sit in the back..if its ur car...u shouldent be back there

its the exact same car only the B pillar is moved forward a few inches on the sedan to accomodate the door. I doubt there's a 100 lb difference between the coupe and sedan. It's his car, but the difference is he has friends, so four doors would actually be more worthwhile... another plus is if/when you get married/have a kid, your wife won't make you get rid of the car you put money into already because.... it's already a four door!

Get the sedan, CAI, Intake, and a turbo kit.

F0 D0= better sleeper :)

i don't know about gsr 4 doors but civic 4dr are lighter than the coupes just look at the registrations or go weigh them

Originally posted by turbo4dr@Mar 22 2004, 02:54 AM
i don't know about gsr 4 doors but civic 4dr are lighter than the coupes just look at the registrations or go weigh them

Im not calling you a lie, but thats hard to believe.

I love my 4-door sedan! The sleeper look is a good thing. And if I really had to, I finally have a car that I can haul my friends around in. As my Si is usually a one-seater. lol.

hey Rev8k why would u buy a intake and a turbo...thats kinda waste of money to buy a intake if ur turboin ur car

the 4door doesn't weigh that much more than your standard GSR, I think the weight was like 40ish pounds more.

Originally posted by FakeTypeR@Mar 20 2004, 05:22 PM

If you arent sure, then dont post such accusations. A 4 door, is more stable becuase of longer wheelbase and possibly wider.

I found these figures on this website.

2000 Acura Integra GS-R Sedan MT 2764
2000 Acura Integra GS-R Coupe MT 2672

A sedan weighs 92 lbs more than a Coupe. Give or take for the driver.

Originally posted by FakeTypeR@Mar 22 2004, 02:53 PM
hey Rev8k why would u buy a intake and a turbo...thats kinda waste of money to buy a intake if ur turboin ur car

not really, if it's a short ram intake you can probably use it as a filter for the compressor housing like the greddy kit so no rocks or other objects get sucked up.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 20 2004, 10:59 AM
Well im looking around and theres a good amount of 4 doors with low miles and good prices. What do you guys think? I like the idea of people not having to be so cramped but it also does not have the same effect as the 2 door but at the same time i think any 4 door i get will have a better chance of not being a lemon do to the fact any one who owns a 4 door owns it for a reason, meaning there older then most and take better care.

:cliffs: I didnt really want a 4 door, but theres lots of nice ones around.
Do you really think i will be missing much if i got a 4 door.

Basicly should i aim for 2 door or just GSR, and leave it at that. I cant decide if i should even consider the 4 doors when i see them. I do know that with the back handles shaved they start looking pimp

get a 95-97 gsr, oval combustion chambers = higher compression.

im also sure it adds a few feet to ur stoping distance...so to say that 90lbs isint much....its enough to make a diffrence.....were not talking about muscle cars here...these little cars wouldent do anything if they were heavy....its not that hard to figure out...unless all u care about is ur new body kit and ur clear tailights

Originally posted by FakeTypeR@Mar 23 2004, 05:17 PM
unless all u care about is ur new body kit and ur clear tailights

dude, I wouldnt waste money on shit like this. I despise Body Kits, Altezza's, Hood Pins, Wings, FAKE FMIC's, Projector Headlights, light up shift knobs, poainted interior pieces, 20"s what else, want me to go further?

im glad to hear that...im on the same page as u...but how many are there out there who arent like that and make u and i look like retards just cuz we drive hondas even tho mine is lacking the underglow kit and big wing

92lbs = 92/100 = .o92 tenths off........... :p

either way, I say if your looking for a tad different look without the hassle of every mofo on the street and a ride that has lots of potential, and the price is right --> go for it.

Distant friend had a GSR Sedan with just a Drag Gen 2 kit "this was a while ago" but ran 13.2 on street tires. Not too shabby....

Back