gsr auto trans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dc4dude

so i have looked around and found nothing.. is it true that there is a jdm GSR automatic trans? id like to put one in the wife's 01 integra. going to have to, my integra got stolen last weekend, and her trans is starting to slip... and i REFUSE to put another sluggish slushbox in it!!! cant afford another car just yet, and driving her car like this is just plain dreadful!!! if anyone could point me in the right direction or put my suspicions to rest, that would be AWESOME!!! thanks in advance for any help!!

yes they made an automatic GSR (SiR-G)
dont see many of them
contact an importer about getting one

There were some automatic B16s as well if you want even shorter gears. Honestly, I don't know if it's really worth it though. You'll probably pay at least twice what you would for another LS tranny, and they can be a pain to wire up as well...

There were some automatic B16s as well if you want even shorter gears. Honestly, I don't know if it's really worth it though. You'll probably pay at least twice what you would for another LS tranny, and they can be a pain to wire up as well...
Wire up a trans? He said his wife's Integra is already an autotragic...

But I agree on the cost. You'll just be paying for a more expensive trans that's not going to make the car fast enough to be worth the price and you'll hurt you're MPG's in the process.

IMO, just get the trans and torque converter rebuilt (or buy a rebuilt torque converter, they are like $80)

well... the gsr auto tranny WAS the plan... but my car got stolen.... and now the wife wants either a honda pilot or odyssey.... sooo... on to making the autotragic(thanks b16racern2nr!!) tranny equipped dc4 stickshift... and upgrading everything... ALL over again!!! too bad i didnt have full coverage on my car... i hate thieves....

Wire up a trans? He said his wife's Integra is already an autotragic...

But I agree on the cost. You'll just be paying for a more expensive trans that's not going to make the car fast enough to be worth the price and you'll hurt you're MPG's in the process.

IMO, just get the trans and torque converter rebuilt (or buy a rebuilt torque converter, they are like $80)

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Some of those automatic B-series cars had an additional control module for the transmission aside from the main ECU. If that control module is not included with the swap, then he'd be in trouble. I've read a number of stories of those TCMs not being included with the swap and people go through Hell trying to figure out how to wire up the tranny without it...

Back