GSR boost build 2012!!! Going for 800hp+

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marsh

Hey everyone, Just thought I would share my build publicly for the first time. really very few people who have any real care for cars have ever seen the build.\
Just looking for some feedback on how it's looking, suggestions on Changes that could be made Visually/mechanically.
.... (1st build/probably not the last, done entirely by myself)...
quick pics oldest to newest;
Pic of stock motor day I bought it. Ran great!!
jun26200819teen.jpg

3months after purchase pulled the motor.

Basically Fully built the Motor (I will post entire parts list tomorrow)
First day I put the motor back in 2009 (Jus could NOT wait for $$$Turbo parts)3years after I pulled the motor back in 2008.
1stpics.jpg

1stpics2.jpg

More recent (from 2011)...

154-1.jpg

Aug22011.jpg

Taken today 1/19/2012

015.jpg

Dec202011.jpg

018.jpg

Last edited:
oya few more pics;
CT43-6767 Triple Ceramic Ball Bearing Billet Turb Divided
012-2.jpg

MagnaFuel 4302 pump. -10 AN feed 8AN return.
034.jpg

029-1.jpg

Fuel tank is sumped.

Any suggestions on "Fuel". I am kind of wanting to use E85 it's close is reasonably priced and, I have heard it's better to use then gasoline.

Last edited:
There are people that swear by E85. I, personally, have never used it but I am definitely interested in giving it a try. The build looks great so far, do you know who you are going to have tune it?

lots of people use E85 in south florida, in fact id say most of the guys you see actually racing in the events are running it. i have heard some talk about its quality not being consistent, but nothing too serious. to achieve the power you are looking for it will certainly be a lot cheaper than the alternative, $8/gal race gas. the guy that tunes my car swears by e85 and has tuned many many cars on it. pretty much the only reason i havent made the switch myself, is that my power level doesnt require anything more than 93 pump gas, and its not convenient to my location.

nice setup what is it tuned at whats your Torque, HP?
Idk yeat, as the build still has a TON of work before Completion.
I am mostly on the wiring and, re-wiring side of things now.
032.jpg

As for Tuning, not really 100% sure on how that will be done. There is only 1 really worthy Tuner in my state Cortney Green! But, I don't really like the guy.
I may try to take care of the Tuning side of things myself, with a little guidence from Joe Housley and, Jason Pennmann.

The Parts List;
Darton MID Sleeves 84mm, JE Piston 10.2:1, BC ProS Rods, Calico bearings, Arp Studs, New OEM oil Pump, New OEM Water Pump, Moroso Oil Pan, Ferrea Valves +0.50, Skunk2 ProS Springs and Titanium Retainers, Avid Mounts, Clutchmaster FX400, Clutch Master Flywheel, Edelbrock Intake Mani, GSR Cams, AEM 30-1050u V1, EPM, Twin Fire CDI, CDI Coils, AEM Fuel Rail, MagnaFuel Pump 4302, ID2000's, Edelbrock Reg, Comp CT43-6767 TBB Billet, Twin Tial 44mm Wastegates, Precision 750 Intercooler, Tial 50mm Bov. etc...
STILL NEED; AFI either Top Mount Twin Scroll or, may even go with AFI Foward Face Twin Scroll, Rywire Milspec Harness (modified for my setup), Better Throttle body I was thinking around a 72mm and, Port Matching the Edelbrock, 4bar Map, a Cage, Slicks, Front upper Camber Kit, Struts and, a few other Random Things are still needed.

My only Concerns about the Parts are Unported Head and, Can the Clutch Hold the power. Or do I need to upgrade to a $$$MultiDisc? I also have no idea how long stock axles will hold up around 800hp?

I am also Stuck between the Top Mount and, FF Mani? I do intend on Street Cruising this thing every now and then. I am thinking Top Mount in my case is best option. then I wont have to Modifie or replace the Precision Intercooler I have, Don't have to worry bout sucking up birds while driving it to the gas station 19miles away and, Don't hav2 worry about oil return issues like people complain about. (WOULD YOU AGREE)?

Stock axles won't hold up long at 800whp. The launch will kill them, especially if you use any sort of slicks. You will need a twin disc for that setup, better safe than sorry. A top mount should work just fine on your setup.

I run the same sleeves in my 450whp LS. Great stuff.

Its going to be really hard to get your hp goal with a stock ported B-series head. I figure it will plateau and suficate the whole hp situation.

Stock axles won't hold up long at 800whp. The .
I run the same sleeves in my 450whp LS. Great stuff.

I don't think you had the MID's? I think the MID's are only made with a block guard or closed deck?

Found few more pics... Lost most of um.
DartonMID.jpg

MarshalPixheadspringside.jpg

MarshalPixhead.jpg

MarshalPixpistons.jpg

Yea I regret not porting the head. I cheaped out and, had gotten a little impatient. I wonder how much CFM or whatev the stock Gsr Head flows?
I would think if I tossed in some bigger Cams I should be able to get atleast 750hp reliably?

Last edited:
i think it will be cheaper and easier to put stuff on hold for a little while if need be and get the head ported now than to end up having to take it all apart later after its all been put together together tuned and running

as for the stock gsr head flow numbers... i found this
attachment.php

i think it will be cheaper and easier to put stuff on hold for a little while if need be and get the head ported now than to end up having to take it all apart later after its all been put together together tuned and running
That's the great thing about a honda lol... (I could remove my head, before someone can change the a/c pump on there F150). I'm gona just go for it. I have 1mm oversized valves and putting in a set of Webcams that basically would equal Skunk2 Pro stg 1.5. So some pretty aggresive cams. I figure would allow the air to pack in and increase the velocity out past the turbine wheel. I just hope i'm as smart as I think lol... Feedback always helps tho...

as for the stock gsr head flow numbers... i found this
attachment.php

Updated thread...

Wish I new how to modifie old threads here, I posted alot of pointless pics. But, thought i'd update this sense I started it.
013-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

Still ALOT of work to go. I do 100% of the work.
about a month ago on bike I Ate ShiT....
shoulder-separation.jpg

006-5.jpg

Last edited:
Sick build. Inspirational for sure. The shoulder injury looks painful.. bike as in streetbike?
Also, what pics do you want removed? I can remove them for now.. you'll be able to do it once you're out of greenhorn status.

yep, no edits for greenhorns. get to 15 posts and you'll be able to do so.

stock axels won't hold. that should be a must-do for that power level.

If you have e85 available, go for it. Just realize that if you ever leave the area, it is simply NOT available everywhere. Like here in the northeast... i've never seen it for sale, anywhere.

Last edited:
And E85 is fuuuuuuuun to tune too. Doing it today on an engine with unknown internals. Getting that idle to behave in the beginning is always fun.

Back