gsr del sol build w/ a hint of rice

FI or NA

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

benson1121

well about a year ago i purchased my del sol (well actually traded it for my old, on the down slope of its life, C1500. when i first got the sol i was kinda happy with it. it originally had some haggard 18's on it. one of them was cracked and repaired. it was horrible. well i bought some MB racing wheels (whats currently on there) and got some cheap tires when it was time to buy tires for the 18's. one day at the 1/4 mile track by my house (i hate 1/4mile my friend talked me into taking the sol up there) and i noticed a loud ticking coming from the trans. bought a used tranny, a month later i blew the engine. it burned oil like a 2 dollar whore burns crack. i replaced the motor with a used d16z6 (same motor) replaced the pass, front brake caliper, brake master cylinder, and clutch master cylinder(i think thats what it was) replaced all 4 rotors and pads. and i scored some neuspeed race springs off a friend. now that im in afghanistan ive got a "little" bit of money to spend, so far with my brother working on my car (hes 15 and just got his first car (88 civic hb WOOT!) and hes just now getting into the honda scene hes verry excited. well hes trying to work on the cosmetic stuff.
photo.php
photo.php
5894_121240142250_632287250_2811790_1351209_n.jpg

thats the most current photo. btw its buddy club
i will be doing an in-house paint job, have the suplies at the house just trying to figure a paint scheme, so far this is whats sitting in the garage waiting for me :D
kyb gr-2 shocks
OBX iridium spark plugs
stage 3 clutch by clutchmaster
showimage.aspx

15's baby! (sorry i love 15's on sol's)
imgres
205/55r15 Hankock K106's
product_url
Nardi NOB steering wheel
integra type R spoiler
product_url
bride vios low max seats
Skunk 2 intake mani
gates racing Timing belt, radiator hose kit, and loow temp thermostat

well thats all the shit i have sitting in the garage
im thinking of painting the car black with bronze flake if you guys have any ideas for that please let me know
oh yeah, and also in the garage is a B18c1 with aprox 35k on it and a LSD 5speed
my intentions with that are in the air the only known thing is hondata lol. im still up in the air weather or not to keep it NA or to throw on a JR super. any ideas would be much appreciated
oh i still have my older d16z6 if anyone wants it its available for pick up, needs a little bit but its clean, (needs cams and bearings) its all apart w/ a nice coat of wd40 to keep the rust out. i also have a greddy turbo kit (for d16z6)(needs some parts) but ill part with it cheap like 400 maybe less....prob less more like 200 gotta help out my fellow tuners!

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 427
Sorry I can not see a car with a body kit having an n/a setup so I'm with mr. Jackson on this one

it will be a lot more fun with just the GSR swap, but if you have the money to go forced induction on top of that then by all means do it.

nah i dont wana turbo it. over done. its a (dont know the exact size) small greddy turbo, down pipe, blowoff valve, d16z6 turbo mani. oil lines w/inline oil pressure regulator,intercooler w/ some piping (not sure if complete piping) and a few other things. i was looking on craigslist and found a jrsc for 1000 w/ some other bells and whistles. hope to get a reply here soon. any ideas for paint? lol

how much for the kit shipped to 06415??
and for paint id get rid of that body kit then do it either black or white..

i like the kit, its clean. its my hint of rice, except for the rear bumper, i think im gonna keep that stock. "dont be hatin!" i like the idea of satin black, sounds nice, i might tape off a design and add a bronze or deep red flake to the remaining area, then clear coat. btw.......if turbos get snails....what dose a supercharger get?.......whores? they blow!.....hmmmm

Get rid of that front bumper, don't put any time or money into it. Its going to shatter on the first thing that looks at it funny. Go stock, or, if you must go aftermarket, at least go urethane.

i got that coverd. i had orderd the urithane kit, but they said they were having troubles with the fitting, so i ended up w/ FB my fix is im going to wrap it in CF at least the front lip and the eged areas then paint.

yep..itll shatter underneath..then the CF will break..not worth it go stock with a simple lip..hell if your that big into bodykits get a crazy lip and some splitters..
so i guess you dont wanna sell that turbo?

i already got splitters lol and this swap is taking more then i thought it was when i bought the motor. lol, oh well live an learn.

You will enjoy a supercharged b18c. That's what I ran for a couple of years and loved it. Check out the link in my sig to see the built thread.

surprisingly that front bumper doesn't look bad. i would do a whole kit though. i hate looking at the profile of a car and seeing an inch of clearance in the front and the rest of the car sits it's normal 5-6 inches off of the ground.

i would definitely build the b18 and keep it n/a. sorry, i'm an all-motor fan, just my $0.02.

and yes, i'm one of the 2 people that voted 'high revving n/a'. so, blah!

oh no, id do the bmw sytyle thing where right behind he rear tire is the same height as he rest, then goes up, a little bit of fiber glass and some bondo, and youd never know i touched it, well see. bu i agree, it does look haggard when all they do is put on a front bumper. i think im going to go with the jrsc, its just a matter of finding one from someone, the 2500 puts me over budget. so if you guys see one for sale somewhere let me know plz!

You will enjoy a supercharged b18c. That's what I ran for a couple of years and loved it. Check out the link in my sig to see the built thread.
yeah i did, i had my mind set afer i saw your post. i just wish you still had it for sale.

Back