gsr head on b16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

600ryda

ive been lookin to find a b16 head and am currently waiting on one supposedly. but a buddy of mine has a gsr head right now that is fully machined and ready to go. if i put a gsr head on my b16 block wont this lower my compression and by how much are we talkin if so? what are the differences of flow between the heads i mean obviously the pr3 head is better if honda uses them for the type r. and also what do u think of a head that was cracked but now completely fixed?

GSR heads have smaller combustion chambers than B16 heads. A GSR head will raise your compression, not lower it. It won't raise it much, IIRC, it'll raise it ~ .2

The B16/PR3 head outflows the GSR head in the upper RPM range and it's not that significant either. The GSR/P72 head outflows the B16/PR3 head in the mid range.

Both heads will flow about the damn same when ported so either one will accomplish what you want/need. I for one wouldn't trust a cracked head that was 'fixed' unless I was absolutely confident in the machine shop who did the work.

yeah thats what ive been hearing and understanding too i just wanted to double check on the information that ive been given. thanx dude

Damn, I came in here expecting a flame fest.

At least the question got answered quickly, I guess.

You can't compare a ported head to a stock one- once ported, it's a tossup again.

If you port a b16 and a gsr head they will flow just about the same because no 2 heads flow alike.

I would take a GSR head over a B16 head any day.

so your saying that a B18C1 head will fit a B16A2 with no interference? I am curious to know wha tkind of gains there is with all stock head and block with skunk2 intake manifold and dc headers. will I be better off just swapping cams?

so your saying that a B18C1 head will fit a B16A2 with no interference? I am curious to know wha tkind of gains there is with all stock head and block with skunk2 intake manifold and dc headers. will I be better off just swapping cams?

Damn, I came in here expecting a flame fest.

FUCK!

Someone, GET HIM!

Back