GSR or B16A Sir

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK heres the deal, I have a 97 Integra GSR engine, and a B16A Sir, I know I will need to use the Cable Y1 Tranny that came w/ the B16A but however, Which engine is better to install? :spin:

the GSR makes more power-

if your car is your name, 91 crx si, the b16a sir will be easier to put in. but the gsr can be wired to run in it.

Heres the rest of the deal, I have CTR cams, JDM ITR intake, CTR 0.25 pistons, ITR Valves, Eagle Rods, Toda Cam gears, Type R clutch / Fly wheel. Now with all this said, (None of which is installed into anything) would it be more cost effective to put my investment into the GSR engine or the B16A Sir? also, I was told that there are other modifications required to use the GSR such as distributor off the B16A, wiring I'm not sure about. and last thing would the B16A axels work on either or do I have to go w/ the 90-93 Integra Axels? Thanks :spin:

im not sure about your axels...

but, like they say, there is no replacement for displacemnt. the GSR is a better platform to start from with more total output resulting for anything you do.

what "I" would do... would be to hybrid the motors for both power and ease of swapping. use the gsr bottom end, and the b16 sir1 head for obd ease.

Thanks You've been alot of help, and Love the quick responses. (BTW this forum is the best I've seen) I'm definatly interested in doing the Hybrid. This is my first real project. and I'm wanting to know where I can get more information about doing the Hybrid set up. Also, will I have any problems w/ using all the Type R parts that I have prev. listed with the hybrid setup. I'm sorry If I seem like I'm going on and on about this, but I just want to get it right the first time, since I've already got alot of $$$ invested.

A little help here people, now I've got an article that covers the Frankenstein Hybrid VTEC head meets LS Block, but this isn't to helpful since I have a GSR Block meeting an B16A Sir Head..... :huh:

Is the head and computer that goes for the head the only thing that needs to be swapped? or are there other things involved like distributors and what not...

Are saying your considering putting the b16 head on the GSR block?If so put the crack pipe down slowly and walk away.

Dude, If u want to go max power go with GSR, if u want drivability go with the B16a.B16a has near perfect engine geometry while the GSR is quite a ways off. B16a and GSR will both b great engines, it just depends on how much $$ u got and what u wanna do. If u want a quick grocery getter or commuter, get the B16a. if u want a faster less reliable car. get the GSR.

use the B16 cable tranny, the B18C1 block, and the B16A SiR head... that will give you the best setup for what you have.... it will also be easy to swap in because youll have the proper OBD-0 head and cable tranny for your car.... put all your CTR ITR parts in and you will have a badass setup

E Solsi, thanks Thats what i was wanting to make sure of. now as for 92b16vx you can eat shit, your comments are useless and can go to another forum asshole.

lets keep this shit clean ok

92b16vx doesnt make any sense....are you saying you cant put a b16 head on a gsr block??if so your an idiot.what do you think a type r motor is??

Originally posted by punkass@Dec 26 2002, 08:52 PM
92b16vx doesnt make any sense....are you saying you cant put a b16 head on a gsr block??if so your an idiot.what do you think a type r motor is??

A type R isn't a b18c1 with a b16 head.. its a ported gsr head (i think)..

it's a ported b16 head actually. but using that b16 sir head will net you a lower compression.. like 9.6:1 i think... maybe higher but i remember reading that somewhere

Your name fits,actually dumb would be a better prefix.There are more differences between a type R motor than sticking a old b16 head on a newer GSR block.Sure you can do it and if you think the trouble is worth it then go for it.

Originally posted by b16a91crxsi@Dec 26 2002, 06:59 PM
E Solsi, thanks Thats what i was wanting to make sure of.  now as for 92b16vx you can eat shit, your comments are useless and can go to another forum asshole.

If you're not even sure it can be done than maybe it's not a task you are fit to undertake.I said that because there is no point to it as they are the same head.So why don't you STOP eating shit and pull your head out of your ass.

it will net less power with the b16a head do to a little lower compression- BUT, he has CTR pistons to put in it. Not a big deal. the b16 head will not drop the power.
you will need to trun the SiR1 distribotor and computer and injectors...
do this- it will be easy, and net you power:
gsr block (for displacemnet)
SiR head, dizzy, ecu (for obd0 ease of wiriing it up)
SiR tranny (good ratios, and its cable for your car)

a gsr block is NOT the same as doing an ls/vtec. the gsr block is DESIGNED for a vtec head. use gsr head studs, and you will bolt it right on. use gsr timing belt as well.

stop falming everyone. NOW. this is for support, not opinions.

#1- they are NOT the same head at all. different bolt patterns for the IM, different queeeche area, differnt port diesign, and slithgly different valves and springs. So stop talking shit. you are wrong 92b16vx. accept it, and move on.

and punkass, youre a fucktard. get off my board.

Back