Gsr Or Ls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carrile

Hey guys. I need help, which is better fit and ride to my CRX DX 1991. GSR or LS?

both will take the same modification to fit in your car the only diferrenc si the the gsr u have to run extra wires and the pay off is vtec and more power either swap u do u have to convert to MPFI..cuz ur only rocking 2 injectors right now

i have a b18c1 in my CRX and the ride is pretty good, its not really noticeable unless your at a standstill and turning the wheel. since the engine is heavier, its pretty hard to turn the wheel, but you get used to it. and you are going to have to do a lot of work getting it in since you have to convert to MPFI. then you have to convert to OBD1 (94-95) or OBDII (96+) and run wires for vtec (if you go b18c). my suggestion is get a 94 or 95 to make it lilttle easier. also you need a cable tranny. try and get your hands on a YS1 fron the 92-93 GSR but any b series cable tranny will work. dont get hydro, you need a cable unless you want to convert that too. i suggest using Hasport mounts too, although you need a couple different peices to make it work. hope this helped a little

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 5 2003, 03:16 PM
i have a b18c1 in my CRX and the ride is pretty good, its not really noticeable unless your at a standstill and turning the wheel. since the engine is heavier, its pretty hard to turn the wheel, but you get used to it. and you are going to have to do a lot of work getting it in since you have to convert to MPFI. then you have to convert to OBD1 (94-95) or OBDII (96+) and run wires for vtec (if you go b18c). my suggestion is get a 94 or 95 to make it lilttle easier. also you need a cable tranny. try and get your hands on a YS1 fron the 92-93 GSR but any b series cable tranny will work. dont get hydro, you need a cable unless you want to convert that too. i suggest using Hasport mounts too, although you need a couple different peices to make it work. hope this helped a little

Like he said you need a conversion to OBD1 Ecu and Engine Harness!!

Also cable tranny.

If you can get a OBD0 LS that would be nice that will be less wiring.. but you will need to some little wiring.. etc..

Make sure what you are getting into before you buy the engine.. :D

Thank a lot guys. If you guys have an extra input with this project or knows any accesories store/websites with reasonable prices I really appreciated or better yet, any auto shop. Thanks again.

Back