GSR Swap issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrcivicjoe

I have a ek civic that i just did a swap to gsr b18c1... has blox intake, throttle body 70mm... i wired the motor myself with the old dx wire harness in the car and ran new vtec wire to chipped hondata s300 p28 with computer jumper... the car starts up evertime runs a little ruff when idleing.. then when i go to drive it or rev past 3700-4500 rpm the car back fires and acts like it wants to shut off but doesnt still idles... does anyone kno the ause of this problem some help would b appreiciated?

i moved your question to its own thread in the correct forum
please do not jack other peoples threads

is the car throwing any codes ?

yes and it threw a code 20... it said knock sensor which is illiminated when converted from obd2 to obd1... and sorry about the jaking new to the site didnt understand....

a knock sensor code will put you in to limp mode

do u kno how to erase the knock sensor with the hondata? i just got the computer chipped and the place that did it wont tell u anything because they want to tune the car... would it running in a limp mode would that make the car smoke black and fumeigate/smell like gas?

didnt pay much attention when i answered before

2 things
1 - the P28 doesnt look for a knock sensor, so you cant be throwing a knock sensor code
2 - code 20 on a honda is for Electrical Load Detector

first thing you need to do is verify that code
next check your grounds and wiring

i kno p28 computer doesnt look for knock sensor but (k5 knock sensor) came up on hondata. when i checked check engine light also tps came on and i adjusted with fluke meter and set it at 5.13 was the lowest i could get it to go... i checked stock tps it was at 4.54

changed eld in fuse box already and checked all fuses

I would check wiring now with ELD with a multimeter. Also....could be battery terminals, Something in the alternator, and I've read of older Civics replacing the entire fuse box (junkyard special). Go through the entire charge harness (alt, starter, battery, and their wiring)

Yea Ive checked the eld (replaced) and alternater... The voltage was low found a fuse to alt blown changed it and got to that bumped volts up to high 13-14v... And Ive tried disabling knock but had no luck just got the hondata so not used to all the controls yet... Im startn to think that the pin outs on the harness my brother didnt do right... Would there be anything difference wiring a b18 gsr and a b20 vtec? Why i ask is cause my brother has b20 and he did the same wiring to my car that he did to his?

gsr has IAB wiring, and 94-95 are different than 96-01 in negative vs positive actuation of the iab. there's an article on this in the swap articles section.

And of course, that's if you used a gsr head, with the oem gsr mani, not a b16 or itr head or gsr with skunk/etc b16 style IM.

otherwise, the wiring is basically the same.

I got it fixed i had the tps and map plugs backwards so switch them up and tuned the computer and runs pretty good except back fires every once in a while when shift frpm first to second.... So still have a little bit of tuning left to do...

i need help

Ok this ia my 1st honda iv always been a dsm guy but i bought a ef9 and feel inlove
so to make a long story short drive down the highway one day car shuts off
so i replaced main relay pulgs weirs ign coil dizzy cap the spiny thing in side the cap lol
fule pump. So she runs good for a day shuts off wont even stary now I
bought the car to do a swap. And now this so i found 1997 ex
it has the d16y8 in it cats was wreaked so i got the qhole car for 350
is eveything thier for me to do the swap? I been reading all thebthings about
odb0 or swicjing ot to odb1 i.think this is odb2 ? So everything is their
do i.have everything to put it in 1991 ef9 hatch??? If aome one could tell that would be
great thank you

Back