GSR syncros in an LS tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

I picked up an LS tranny for 300 bills- The unit was sold to me without any grinds, but we all know how that shit goes- I know that the LS trannies have notoriously weak syncros and i was wondering if i could replace them with GSR syncros when i swap in the GSR final drive-

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 21 2004, 03:42 PM
oh nevermind, i'm not going to buy a crappy LS transmission after all-

gsr tranny 0wnz meh

good for you bish :p

j/k im just jealous cause i got the LS tranny w/the GSR motor. i got F'd on the swap.. oh well.. :(

PS- i've been told that the GSR tranny uses two synchro's per gear..

You mean dual synchros right? I think the GSR only have dual synchros in a few gears and the ITR has it in all gears... correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah, i guess. some guy( i think his name was chet) told me over a year ago on here that GSR's use dual sychros. i recall him having a teal 5g hatch...

what is so good about them and do any other trannies got them?

It provides more friction surface to get the gear your shifting into up to speed faster. so you can get quicker shifts no grinding

There is an informative piece about B-series transmissions in the articles>swap articles section on this site it should be of help. ;)

fuck off..............^^^

should buy a shot redone tranny

Back