Guitar Help, what extras to get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

So I've had a guitar for a long time and I enjoy jamming out on it from time to time. My brother just got a drum set and is really into the drumming thing and has been for a long time. He's dying for me to really get back into the guitar so we can play together.

I have a D'Agastino custom guitar and some random amp. I'll be upgrading the amp, but my real question is, what add ons are best to look at? I'm talking distortion creating devices, etc.

We are both into somewhat distortion heavy music and I think that's the type we'd both like to play together.

NIN, Rage, Tool, APC, Lamb of God, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone

Zoom pedals are a pretty nice addon, I've got a 606 and a small Traynor amp, and it sounds really nice.

But I'd suggest getting a little Marshall cab... I used to jam with a kid who had a small Marshall amp with two 12s, and with his Zoom pedal, it shook my house, sounded really nice.

If you want a cheaper Line6 try out the Behringer V-Amp2. It doesn't do distortion too well(compared to running a full setup like a pro), but for the price it might not sound much worse than the Line6.

Back