H22 > 95 civic coupe (EJ2) swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AStinkyBumb

I have seen some information on hatchback swaps but i havent seen a step by step guide or needed parts list for this sort of swap. i have posted before on this topic but have finally made my mind up.

I have a 97 prelude base (manual transmission)
I am looking at getting a 95 civic coupe (EJ2 according to wiki) (manual transmission)
- has a d15
- the guy said he was doing a head swap to a vtec head and said the car now has a vtec ecu in it. what does that mean for obd reasons? will it affect my obd2 (from what im told) engine?

I don't plan to do anything to the engine before dropping it in. i don't have the money and just want a running h22 civic.

correct me if im wrong but the following things are what i know i need:
h22 engine mounts: hasport H mounts
If car is still OBD1: an obd2 to obd1 harness converter
Drive shafts: how are these? 500hp axles h series 92 93 94 95 civic CV AXLE h22 h23a | eBay

where would i get things like
radiator
radiator fan
suspension to hold the h22
-how much does the engine make the front end drop once in? does it drop so much that the tires rub? does it make the car look like its on lowering springs? or should i look for coil overs?

also are coupe and hatchback bays the same? ive heard the passenger side mounting needs to be cut an inch and a half. is that the same for coupes?

sorry for all the crazy stuff going on in here any help is needed!

Back