H22 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 litre EG

My homegirl has just decided she wants to get back into import racing and she wants to go fast... and i thought up an idea of a crazy all motor prelude powered del sol

im pretty sure others have thought of it already or have even done it... but i wanna get some feed back from everyone here... im not 100% sure if the prelude motor will even fit into the del sol?? will it???

or should i go with a b series in the del sol??? :ph34r:

It could definitly be done. While being more work than a b series motor would be you could definitly get it to work+you would have the added torque of the h. I put a b18c5 into my sol and it bolted right in. had it done in 3 hours while the prelude motor would require some alterations to the mounts....It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how motivated you are.

putting the H22A into a Del Sol is the same as putting it into a 5g Civic... you will have the same weight and cornering issues that a H series Civic (added understeer)... so i would only suggest this engine for a mostly drag car... you will need to pay special attention to the suspension to compensate for the added weight

do it. yes its kewl, yes it will fit. and it has been done before. i say go for the h swap

thats what i was hopin for everyone to say, "GO FOR IT"

there is no question about the cash cause she makes good ass money, and yeah im pretty motivated when my name is on the line haha!

but like E_SolSi said, special attention to the suspension and heavy understeer are some downfalls :(

id like to keep the car fairly simple but she wants to go balls out on it but still daily drive it, i might just think about the type-r motor built like crazy???

thanks for the input guys

with suspension work (higher spring rates and good struts to keep it from bouncing) it will be very streetable ... the only place the understeer will be bad is under HARD cornering... for normal street use it will be fine ... just dont try to autoX with it ;)

theres TONS of downfalls to putting an h-seires in a civic.

hell, we have a FAQ about it.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?

Personally, I'd never do it. Drag trailer queen car only. b-series owns. :) All out drag car, hell yeah id have an H25A in there :p around town and daily strip racer- i think b-series is the way to go.

nah im not an autocross type of guy, i prefer the straight line

thanks pissedoffsol for the FAQ link, i'll check that out a lil later

thanks dohcvtec accord, im still thinkin about the h series, but after i read the FAQ then i will hopefully have my decision

thanks everyone for the input

have you ever thought of doing a crvtec? That is a balls out engine, wont effect handling what so ever but takes a little bit of work. (you have to totally rebuild the engine and also sleve the cylinders.) Read the FAQs about it. Calesta put this frankinstine into his civic and that thing haulls ass

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 23 2002, 02:27 PM
have you ever thought of doing a crvtec? That is a balls out engine, wont effect handling what so ever but takes a little bit of work. (you have to totally rebuild the engine and also sleve the cylinders.) Read the FAQs about it. Calesta put this frankinstine into his civic and that thing haulls ass

yeah i was in another discussion talkin about cr/vtec engines and i already have a LS/VTEC 2 litre in my EG, so im no stranger when it comes to building motors after three blown 1.8 ls/vtec motors :(

plus i dont trust CRV blocks, but all that was discussed in a previous post

main reason we thought of doin the h series swap is cause my homegirl wanted somethin different since there arent many H series in civic's over here... most of the people around here are weak b16a swaps, and the occasional 1.8 series swap, but all those cars chill with me cause i did the swaps :wall:

thanks for your input though :D :worthy:

with suspension work (higher spring rates and good struts to keep it from bouncing) it will be very streetable ... the only place the understeer will be bad is under HARD cornering... for normal street use it will be fine ... just dont try to autoX with it

You can't autoX with Del Sols anyways, the rear window will shatter because of the twist in the body.

Originally posted by revin_devil@Dec 24 2002, 02:13 AM
with suspension work (higher spring rates and good struts to keep it from bouncing) it will be very streetable ... the only place the understeer will be bad is under HARD cornering... for normal street use it will be fine ... just dont try to autoX with it

You can't autoX with Del Sols anyways, the rear window will shatter because of the twist in the body.

lmao you rack me up.

i've autoXed my del sol plenty of times.... I beat on it all the time, take corners harder than i pound your mom in it- and guess what, i got my window still.

moron

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Dec 24 2002, 03:53 AM-->
revin_devil
@Dec 24 2002, 02:13 AM

lmao you rack me up.

i've autoXed my del sol plenty of times.... I beat on it all the time, take corners harder than i pound your mom in it- and guess what, i got my window still.

moron

puahahahahhaha, damn pissedoffsol... made that guy look dumb

can we say MODED!!!

:lol: :D :p :whatafucktard:

owned2.jpg

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 22 2002, 02:22 PM
putting the H22A into a Del Sol is the same as putting it into a 5g Civic... you will have the same weight and cornering issues that a H series Civic (added understeer)... so i would only suggest this engine for a mostly drag car... you will need to pay special attention to the suspension to compensate for the added weight

like e-solsi said the suspension will need to be changed. i would say get a gsr suspension with some i rated springs or nice coilovers(true coilovers) go for it man just remember suspension.

Back