H22 Forged piston question. need some answers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dangmedcalf

This is my first post so be gentle on me :p

I have a JDM h22 and it's starting to burn oil pretty bad. I was going to wait to do all the work at once but I'm deploying in a couple of months so I need to drive it back home (1300 mi).

(note I'm planning on just running a 210-230whp N/A build)
Well the time is short and I need a few questions answered, I've been doing some research and from what people have said and things I've read the recommended setup is forged pistons with some H beam rods, not requiring sleeving (is this correct?).

Now my question is should I increase the boresize from the stock to the 88mm or keep it at 87mm. http://raceeng.com/c-3505-pistons-forged.aspx has the Weisco pistons as the same compression ratio, but what are the benefits of getting larger pistons? Also what would be the correct size to bore the block to with getting forged pistons (87mm or 88mm)? Or is that the size the bore should be for the pistons after expansion from heat? Such as the pistons being smaller size then 87mm and the heat expands them to that size.

I'm sorry for the lack of information but I have about 2 weeks or so to get the pistons and rods and machine work done.

Any input is greatly appericated, please avoid bashing or personal opinions of what you would do, thank you.

Back