H22/H23 Tranny Going in 93 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
Hey everybody it feels great to be back on HS!:D I haven't had internet in a while but im back.

The 93 Accord build is going alright. I been buying everything i can but i also just had a problem. Yesterday while being a dumbass i threw some gears through my tranny! :eek:

I started looking around at junkyards and about an hour away there is one supposed to have a lot of Honda's. i wanna go down and try to at least get a tranny.

After driving my buddys 93 lude with the H23 i love the way it shifts nice and smooth its like it allmost puts its self in the next gear.... No its not automatic lol!

But anyways now im looking to use a H22 or H23 tranny. My main question is i know the H22 tranny should work but will the H23 tranny?

The junkyard is selling motors for $100 and trannys for $50 so i might be able to get a H22 swap all at once while im there for about $150.00:D:D:D

but if i can only find a tranny for a H22 or H23 i can use the Trannys right?:confused:

My engine is the F22a1

Yeah they will bolt right up to the motor, but not in the car. I just got done converting a 92 accord that was an Automatic with the OEM f22a6 motor. The H23 motor and 5spd transmission went smooth until the time to bolt the transmission mount to the mount welding to the frame rail. They did not line up at all. Even using a oem 5spd mount, the alignment was off. The mount on the frame rail had to be cut off and you can relocate the mount, or fab a new one.

Is your car currently an auto or manual?
The parts list will differ a bit to complete the swap.

i just posted about this topic in another thread but ill do it again cuz urs is a cb7, if the h22/23 trany is out of the car u got it,or bought it new you can drill and tap the other two holes that arn't threaded and itll line right up, heres the sight...
ENG: Drilling/tapping prelude tranny to fit an accord - CB7Tuner Forums

also posted another thread and told another problem may accur...
transmision swap for my 90 lx - CB7Tuner Forums

idk bout relocating the mount brakets, may be easier but sounds less eficient to me. just my opinion though dont quote me on that...

also i heard getting a prelude mount mey make things easier however it pushes the motor 3/8" down, 3/8" towards the driver side..idk if this will effect the preformance of it or not...

when i dropped my h22 into my 92 accord, i used the accord transmission mount, and drilled and tapped the two extra holes in the transmission

hey, guys. first time post. Couldn't find a FAQ about this. got a wild hair to put the jdm h22/auto/lsd in my 95wagon (sleeper). any left coasters on this board can hook me up with an importer? found a few but all are on right coast, ie, shipping would be $$$. TIA for help.
Bob, Renton, wa

Back