H22 into 95 Wagon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22CE1

I am doing research for an H22 swap into my 95 LX wagon. I have only found minimal info regarding my questions.

I have found a swap that is a complete H22 with LSD trans, H22 harness complete to ECU and ECU.

I know that it is basically a bolt in swap with minor modifications. I plan to use the Prelude intermediate shaft and axles for strength.

My questions are:

1- Since it has the complete wiring harness through the firewall to the ECU, is there any additional wiring that I have to do? My concerns are will the H22 ECU plug into the harnesses that go to the body to give the TACH, VSS, etc.. signals? Are these on a different harness that has to be custom wired?

2- I have heard conflicts on the driver side mount, some say it has to be replaced with a mount that allows the swap, others say i can just use a prelude mount.

3- Will the exhaust downpipe connect to the catalytic properly? am I going to have to have an exhaust shop make some adjustments?

4- I have also heard conflicts about the shifter cables, some say I need the Prelude shifter and cables, others say I can just use my stock Accord unit.

5- I have heard different things about the power steering hose/pump. What is the best option for this?

6- I plan to keep the Accord A/C compressor for ease of install, good idea? Prelude better?

Any other info that you may have run into would be great!!! I'm super excited to get this done, but want to have all my ducks in a row before I just jump right in!!

Well with more research I have answered a few of my own questions! Yay Searching!

I found I can use the prelude mount with some minor modification. YAY!

Ill have to have some exhaust work done, but that is Fine!

Im going to keep the Accord AC! Its easier!

I still have a few questions im getting mixed answers on though.

1- Since it has the complete wiring harness through the firewall to the ECU, is there any additional wiring that I have to do? My concerns are will the H22 ECU plug into the harnesses that go to the body to give the TACH, VSS, etc.. signals to the cluster? Are these on a different harness that has to be custom wired?

2-I have also heard conflicts about the shifter cables, some say I need the Prelude shifter and cables, others say I can just use my stock Accord unit.

3- I have heard different things about the power steering hose/pump. What is the best option for this?
Update: I have heard that I can use a PS hose from a 97 prelude without having to modify it. Yes/No??

Again, any replies would be helpful.

Thanks!!!!

Back