h22 stroking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powerdriverh22

can u use a h23 crank and rods with type s pistons in a jdm h22???

if any one has what was the compression??

Originally posted by nismogod@Sep 8 2005, 09:19 PM
wrong. h22 crank, with h22 rods and type S pistons = 11:1
[post=551699]Quoted post[/post]​

what about using h23 crank and rods?

it'd put you way up there i would say. maybe 12.5 or 13:1. i think the h23 crank is around 5mm longer than the h22. the type-s pistons are slightly taller too so i would just be worried about it clearing the head. just something to think about.

I was under the impression that they had the same deck height, just different crank and rods. why would there be a clearance problem?

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 9 2005, 06:28 AM
I was under the impression that they had the same deck height, just different crank and rods. why would there be a clearance problem?
[post=551822]Quoted post[/post]​

the longer the stroke over the h22 stock crank will push the piston closer to the valves. and you dont want a collission with pistons and valves....its a messy ordeal.

I am also going to be runing crower stage 3 cams so....that is another issue

i think so...i would say yes, but i dunno.

Connecting rod lengths...

H22A1= 5.630 in.
H23A1= 5.571 in.

Stroke...

H22A1=3.571 in.
H23A1=3.740 in.

:D

lol, thats what im thinking. Im kinda kicking myself for not swiping the crank off my old engine.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 11 2005, 02:31 PM
lol, thats what im thinking. Im kinda kicking myself for not swiping the crank off my old engine.
[post=552695]Quoted post[/post]​

do you not think it will work??

im gonna get the crank balanced and micropolished

It will work. Im wishing i had thought about it. A lot has changed in the last 6 monthes...ive really learned a lot. Did a swap on a Ford Ranger....it actually worked...i was so friggin suprised.

Yeah, use the type s rods and pistons w/ the H23 crank...thats an insane mod...you might need an octane boost to counteract the knock...thats the only thing i can see wrong with it.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 12 2005, 06:49 PM
It will work.  Im wishing i had thought about it.  A lot has changed in the last 6 monthes...ive really learned a lot.  Did a swap on a Ford Ranger....it actually worked...i was so friggin suprised.

Yeah, use the type s rods and pistons w/ the H23 crank...thats an insane mod...you might need an octane boost to counteract the knock...thats the only thing i can see wrong with it.
[post=553359]Quoted post[/post]​

what are everyone elses thoughts?

ive done the searches on honda-tech but i coudlnt tell from the posts if this would actually work

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 12 2005, 07:49 PM
[post=553359]Quoted post[/post]​

No, if he uses the H23 crank (a longer crank) and the Type-S rods (longer rods), the pistons will be sticking outta the deck. He's gotta use the H23 rods (the shorter ones) or custom rods with the Type-S pistons.

check out this link. it may help you out. just read through it.

http://www.nonvtec.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1126

i'd just be skeptical of the clearance of this setup and the ability to run on pump gas because i think the compression will be pretty damn high. i haven't thoroughly looked through all the info so i could be wrong but that's my first impression. hope that link helps some.

It'll work.... The link is about putting H22 pistons in a H23. It suggests that the piston might hit the head, but.... it also says ...."H23 combustion chambers are 3.8cc's smaller than H22's from the factory that is another big factor you will be needing to take into account." Just a suggestion, if you are worried about your compression being too high, you could use a thicker head gasket to bring it down a little.

Use the H23 crank, H23 rods and the H22 prelude type-s pistons for a whole .1 bump in displacement! Good luck on your build.

Back